cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify text mail sended supplier in ROS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have scenario strategic sourcing of SRM 5.0.

Is possible to modify the mail that registration system sends to the supplier with the attachment questionnaries?

Regards

Alessio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank. With your answers i solved my problem.

Best regards

Alessio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alession,

yes, that is possible. Go into the survey cockpit (ROS_QSTN_SURVEY)

and open the survey which contains all your questionnaires used for the

registration. Select the questionnaire for which you want to maintain the text.

There is a button called "Maintain letter", where you then can maintain the

questionnaire specific text. Do not delete the " /URL/ ", just move it where

you want to have the link placed.

Thanks,

Claudia

Please reward point for suitable answers.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alession

I just want to add this to Claudia's suggestion:

1) The icon is sometimes appears as 'Edit Letter' (check the icons you have on the left side..Found it hard first time when I tried)

2) Suggest you to Delete "/URL/" there and input your letter the way you want.

/URL/ inserts the complete questionnaire in mail body but supplier should not use it to submit. Supplier should use only attachment (not mail body). So, it's confusing. Removing it from mail body (by removing /URL/) is the best option.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessio,

good comment by Ramik.

When suppliers submit the questionnaire via email, deleting " /URL/ " is fine (for SRM 5.0 - gets you in trouble in SRM 4.0). Do not tick trigger on properties for the questionnaire for "directly update questionnaire".

When suppliers update the questionnaire directly into the application, do not delete and just move " /URL/ " arround in your text where you want it.

Thanks,

Claudia

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia

May be I am missing something. I did not face any problem in SRM40 too. Many customers ask for removal of questionnaire in mail body.

My specific doubts (for my own clarification):

1) Can suppliers use th questionnaire in mail body- fill it & submit ? If not, why do we need it ? My understanding is customer can use the attachment only to submit (not the body).

2) I thought in ROS, 'automatically update' check-box does not matter. We activate the user exit through SO50 settings. How is this check-box used in ROS?

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

I discovered that the issues with the questionnaires came up with MS Outlook 2003

and in combination with service packs.

I agree, the questionnaire in the body does not work; You are right, in this case it

is possible to delete in SRM 5.0. In SRM 4.0 I found out, that when the "/URL/" is

deleted, the questionnaire is not accessable anymore. Did you have any issues

like that as well?

When the tick for "direct update into application" is checked, the "/URL/" parameter

puts the link into the letter instead the questionnaire as attachment. It is then

like an online questionnaire and provides the option to link questionnaire directly

into a Portal.

Thanks,

Claudia

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Claudia

This is definitely better option. I would recommend your option instead of attachment.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it's possible.

I have not tried that, but you can use the Business Add-Ins or modify the standard code - text symbols to make the changes.

Regards

- Atul