Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Product

former_member202598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Can a quotation be created for a product that is blocked? The idea is to create an ERP quotation in CRM for a product that is blocked in ECC? As in CRM a business transaction can be saved with errors unlike in ECC, But i doubt if it was possible in ECC??

Regards

Sanguine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you will not be able to replicate the CRM Quotation to ECC which has errors in it, however, you will be able to save the quotation in CRM. Irrespective of the place of the block you make in Material Master in ECC, the CRM quotation will have error while replicating unless and until the blocks are removed.

Please let me know for any other specific query.

Regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you block the product? There are several ways to do it and I wanna know how did you do it.

Thank$

former_member202598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam

The Material is blocked from MM02->Basic data tab--> xplant stauts check field is being checked(ECC)...Now when i'm trying to create a follow up quotation  for an opportunity in CRM. an error message is being thrown on the screen " material xxxxx has status blocked"... i just want to know whether a sales quotation can be created  for a blocked product in ERP?

Thanks

Sanguine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanguine,

The blocks available to you in 'xplant status' are MM/PP type blocks.  In general, they are designed to block various IM and MM and PP activities, such as Purchasing, MRP,  usage in Bills of Materials, etc etc. You can configure these to determine exactly which activities are blocked.  See OMS4 in ECC for the scope of these activities that can be enabled/disabled in these blocks.   I am not aware that these blocks in standard ECC can be made to prevent either the entry of a sales order or the entry of a quotation .

On the other hand, there are other statuses within the Material Master that are more useful in blocking sales activity (such as the creation of quotations),  MM02 > Sales Org Data > either "X-distr chain status" or "Dchain-spec status". See OVSU in ECC for the scope.  You can, for instance, create a sales status that can block/unblock sales order entry, and/or block/unblock quotations; independently.

Best Regards,

DB49

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As rightly explained by Dogboy this field will block MM/PP/WM related transactions. If you want to block quotation creation, order creation or any other SD related activity you have to use Cross-distribution-chain material status field which is there in Sales Organ data 1.  Check in below screen where we can maintain all these error or warning messages for different SD transactions.

If user tries to create quotation for blocked roduct he will get error message number Message no. V1028.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried to replicate this for quotations and it didn't work

I guess it will work only for sales orders

thanks

santosh