Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI to Upload Sold to Party on Project Definition in Data Migration

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to migrate around 900 project definitions from legacy system to SAP

I have activated partner determination procedure for our project profile and also want to upload Sold-to-party (customer number) on project fefinition

I am using BAPI "BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE" to upload project definitions where I could not find field for Sold-to-party

Is there any other BAPI for project defnition which can upload this field or otherwise how to upload this particular data

Request you to kindly provide your valuable inputs

Thanks in advance

BR / Mayur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mayur,

Instead of using BAPI why cant you go for LSMW to create project definition using the transaction CJ01.There you can find the Partner tab in which u can enter the sold to party.

Regrds

Avinash

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

You can not extend the Sold-to-party field in your BAPI. Other way around, you can make the use of 'Substitution' at project save level to update those fields.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

You can make use of the CNEX0006 PS customer specific fields project definition and add Customer Number (Sold to Party) as a field. Then use the BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE and update the customer number accordingly at Proj. Defn level.

Mark this answer as helpful, if it helps answering your question. Wait for other expert comments as well.

Regards

Varun Rudrabhatla

former_member1201947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

Thanks for your reply

But in my case, I am not using customer specific fields to capture Sold-to-Party for Project Definition.

I am using standard SAP delivered function i.e. Partner Determination Procedure to capture Sold-to-Party (in separate tab on project definition called "Partner")

So when I want to initially upload project definitions from legacy system, need to know BAPI to upload the same

BR / Mayur