Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Role SAP_BW_DEVELOPER

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have copied the role SAP_BW_DEVELOPER to ZSAP_BW_DEVELOPER to try to resolve a permissions issue we have when trying to broadcast a workbook.

But when I come to edit this role it complains about

There are no texts in language EN. Texts for the role exist in language DE. Use transaction SE63 to translate missing texts.

I tried using SE63 but it complains that the role doesn't exist!  I tried both the original role and the copied one.

How do I fix this?

Also with regards to the permissions issue, I now have the above role including the following roles :-

SAP_BW_CCMS_REPORTING

SAP_BW_SOLUTION_MANAGER

SAP_SM_ALEREMOTE

SAP_SM_BI_EXTRACTOR

SAP_SMWORK_BPM

ZSAP_BW_DEVELOPER

And I also have profile SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW but I still get an error trying to broadcast a workbook.

Diagnosis

You do not have authorization to display the requested object (for example, Web template, query....). That is why it is also not possible to load broadcast settings into the broadcaster for the object.

System Response

The action was terminated.

Procedure

Choose another object. When doing this, use the various views in the Open dialog. Only objects for which you have display authorization will be displayed there.

Procedure for System Administration

Notification Number RSRD 003

What can I do to resolve this?

We are running SOLMAN 701 SP31

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never mind problem solved, was logging me into wrong client.  Changed client setting in BEx web service.

Cheers

Craig.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

What is your BI SP level ?

Regards

former_member204618
Active Contributor