Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Calculation View Filters

Given that my Googling so far has not provided the answer I've been looking for ... the chances are that I'l trying to do something that should not be done !

(I'm a SQL Server developer trying to get used to the HANA world)

But let's see....

I have created an Attribute view - all good.

Now I want to create several Views ontop of that.

Each new view will have different filters to produce specific results.

So I created a Graphical Calculation View.

Added my AV to the Projection.

Added my output columns.

But for the life of me .... I cannot figure out how to apply a filter !?

I've googled 'HANA Calculation View Filter' and such variants;  but nothing relevant in results !

I have right clicked everything in sight to find a context menu option; but nothing.

What I have found are references to 'Parameters'.

Some of these references indicated that they produce a user prompt - and that is no use in my situation.

What I have managed to do, is apply a filter via the 'Semantics' component of the Designer.

This successfully filters results when viewed in the 'Open In Data Preview" ;  however....

when I call the data from SAP Information Steward .... the data is NOT filtered.

I am obviously missing some basic concept in my understanding.

Yet after hours & hours of reading guides and articles ... noone seems to explain from a high level what the options are.

Any advice, pointers, references  welcome !

Many Thanks

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Simon,

The projection node immediately below Semantics will not give you Apply filter option in context menu. Please add one more Projection node and add your table in that and then try to Apply Filter from context menu option.

Regards,

Rashmi

3 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question