Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign account group to partner function

ashwin_bhat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In transaction VOPAN, we define 1. partner functions, 2. partner determination procedure 3. assign partner function to partner determination procedure and then 4. assign the partner determination procedure to an account group.

Then why do we need to assign account group to partner function (Folder number 5 in transaction VOPAN)?

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor

Hi Ashwin,

Below is my understanding of the same:

When we create a Customer Master, if Mandatory function has been updated in Partner determination procedure for that Account Group (for Example SP SH BP PY) system will create those Partner Functions automatically.

In Addition to that if you have assigned a new Partner Function (For Example GP) to Account Group, system will consider that Customer as GP partner function as well. Even though it is not assigned in Partner Functions of Account group.

I will still request you to test this scenario and share your observations will all.

Regards,

MJ.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Ashwin

A customer is created for an account group and he can have multiple business partners. like sold to, ship to, bill to etc.

These partners are assigned to partner determination procedure as partner functions.

One partners function can be used by multiple partner determination procedures.

Example:

Partner det. ProcedureDescriptionAccount groupPartner FunctionDescriptionAccount group
AGSold-to party0001SPSold-to party0001
INProspective customer0005SPSold-to party0005
KOConsumer0170SPSold-to party0170

SAP does not automatically refer the account group of a procedure to a partner function. We need to specify it against a partner function.

This works as a unique key which ultimately applies all the account group settings (e.g. number range) to each partner function assigned.There are few exceptions but this can be taken as a general rule.

Thanks

Atul

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

I think this is very simple to understand that the mandatory per-requisite for customer creation is Account Group. So if we try to create a customer we need to create it for a specific Account Group at the same time customer is having multiple partner function due to different business transaction.

So in order to maintain multiple or any partner function in customer master we have to assign it to the Account Group which is a root for any customer (Technically).

I hope you understand the point, if you have any queries let me know.

Thanks,

Suman$