cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replaceable not owned customer stock kept at our plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I need to implement a new flow; struggling however with some points. Hope some of you could help out?

The flow is kind of consignment but with some alterations;

we sell product A, want the stock out of our books (so GI I guess), and do billing asap.

Product A becomes property of the customer.  But, we do not fill up stock at consignment as the property already has shifted towards customer and secondly, the stock of our customer still needs to be kept at our plant for some reasons.(the opposite of customer consignment) Customer can then pull stock whenever he wants. Question is how we can achieve this? Then even more complex; the stock involves components to be assembled but at the time of change of ownership the customer is not able to tell which assembly he needs; so customer buys unknown configurations and exact config is known at the time he pulls out components of his stock at our plant. Since we sold a stock of components calculated to certain extent to fulfill most of the configs, it could happen that a part of the components needs to be returned and stock replaced by others components to match their assemblies. What could be the process then? We obviously want to keep things as simple as possible...

Thanks for helping me out.

rgds,

Will

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard functionality that would completely cover the processes you require.
I must say your processes look interesting, and if that's the way you want it to work, there
might be a solution that almost exactly covers your process.

You will use consignment process documents, but you will alter them a bit.
What you will do is make the first consignment document billable but you won't deliver the goods out of your plant. This requires changes to your sales document settings. You also don't want the stock to be visible as consignment but you want it to be indicated as delivered. Maybe you can create a storage location and use custom movement type on your delivery at this point in process.

Then you say customer can pull stock whenever he wants. This can be done by a second custom delivery type, which will not be billable, since you have already billed the customer.

The problem with the assembly would be solved with reversal documents, so that you can cancel the items that are not in the exact assembly that customer pulls.
Further, if you need to add more items, you can create new document to bill and ship to customer just as the initial document flow was proposed.

This is the simplest way that crosses my mind to fulfill the requirements, but maybe someone has a better idea. This is all done by standard SAP with serious amount of customizing.
But still doable, and I think that process would be OK, maybe not perfect but we need to have some workarounds since this isn't a standard process...