Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 Directory API - JavaDoc?

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have gone through William Li's blog Using PI73 Directory API . Certain things like methods can be derived from the auto complete/content assist function of NWDS. But I was wondering if there is a Java Doc on this API that I could download or view online?

Thank you for any hints.

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

The Integration Directory APIs are exposed as web services by the server. When you consume then in NWDS, proxy objects are created for the corresponding WSDL. The access is by these proxy objects (and not by JAR files), and AFAIK, there are no JavaDocs for the generated proxy objects.

All the JavaDocs for SAP can be found from the following link, but it does not list the proxy objects for these APIs.

http://help.sap.com/javadocs

Rgds

Eng Swee

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eng Swee,

Thank you for your answer and your link. I found another interesting link that is helpful in developing the java proxies: Using the Integration Directory API

Best regards,

Peter

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Hope the answer was helpful. Do note that the link above is for PI7.11 API.

As mentioned in William's blog, the API has changed in the newer version.

Directory API has gone through different iterations, due to added functionalities and new objects introduced in newer releases.  The older version (XI 3.0, PI 7.0x, PI 7.1x) of the API can no longer be used with the newer versions of PI.  As the result, the development of the API has also changed.

It is also mentioned in the SAP Library page for PI7.31 API

Integration Directory Programming Interface - Integration Directory - SAP Library

Implementation Considerations

For compatibility reasons, the older versions of the programming interface that were delivered with lower releases of SAP NetWeaver PI (particularly SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 and SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1) are also provided.

Their use is, however, restricted.

So when refering to the document, do note that there might be differences.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (0)