cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP for BE Electrical Engineering Student

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have done my B.E. in Electrical Stream in the year 2012. I have an experience (around 21 months) of working in core industry(Solar Power Projects). Now, I am willing to change my field to IT. Having work experience in Projects, I would like to opt for functional module Material Management.

Now, I have few queries regarding this field;

1. As I don't have direct domain experience in SAP, will it be my good decision to choose SAP?

2. My current CTC is Rs. 3.0 Lacs pa. How much minimum salary hike I can expect per year (the CTC as per my info in SAP is 3-3.5 Lacs pa)?

3. How much growth oriented SAP for me?(I am willing to travel anywhere and I believe I am good at grasping the softwares and work)

4. As I had also gone through some negative reviews about SAP that after getting an expereince of 2-3 years, there will be problem for salary hike(not more than 15%). Is it So?

5. As I am not focusing on CTC first but would like to get the smart knowledge about it, suggest me whether my decision/thought for applying SAP certification is the growth oriented?

Please tell me your opinions over this as I need to confirm the same before taking admission into the Institute.

Also you can contact me on : Hrishi90.m@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. RaviSankar Venna,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I had gone through the discussion from the said link.

Will look into it and will contact you if needed.

Thanks & Regards

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh,

Hope the following link would answer most of the questions:

SAP Certification would surely give you a credibility in the market. It would add a value to your certification, particularly being a fresher.

You cannot simply rely on SAP Certification to change the fortunes overnight. SAP Certification would give you enough confidence to you.

You need to use that confidence and show in your interviews that you are the right candidate, willing to learn, above to deliver the quality deliverable items, good team player and added value to the organisation.

If you ask a question like how much salary hike would I get on a public forum like this, nobody is able to answer. Even if answer also, that would be 100% deviation of actual hike.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

i got my mm certification and all are asking experience for 5 years.

i Worked for Honda with peoplesoft and EDI

aand still have no jobs..

what is ur suggestion?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

You need to keep trying until you get it. There is no short cut.

Keep trying through job portals, employee referrals and friends, I am sure you would get it.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi