cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas CJ03 -Issue with Capturing Project Profile field.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

For the CJ03 I have done a script for pulling all the required data to one screen, I have successfully done and its working fine.

The issue is for one field which I am unable to capture during the recording(double click), the field is Project Profile( PROFL) which is a drop down field.

Please let me know how to record this field and use it in script.

Regards,

Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, clicking on the field doesn't seem to record. Not sure why.

You can still use it in a script, but you have to get the object ID a different way. If you just want to copy the value, then you can manually add a CopyValue action and get the reference by clicking the arrow at the end of the objectID field. You can also get the objectID from the properties pop-up box. Either way, this script works fine to copy the value:

In my system the objectID is "ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/tabstripPTABSCR/tabpageSUBSCR2SAPLCJWB1404/cmbPROJPROFL". It is likely to be the same in yours.

Steve

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help, I am able to copy the Value. The copied value is the Project Profile(Something DE-ABC), I need to copy the text which shows same as in CJ03.

I need to copy the Text of that Project Profile which is displaying in CJ03.

Regards,

Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see the problem. Dropdown boxes like that one are actually a list of pairs - a key and a value. In SAPgui, you typically see the value but there's an option to allow you to see both. Personas is the same. By default it displays just the value, but you can change that for an individual field - there's a checkbox in the field's properties to get it to display the key also. However, the value it presents to a script is always only the key. I'm not aware of an easy way to change that.

If you must have the description, the only thing I can currently think of is to copy the key and use a WebRFC to lookup the description and return it to your script. Look in this blog - - for details of how to do that.

If anyone knows of an easier way that I'm missing, do let us know!

Steve.