cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Launchpad app in new tab or window of browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How can we launch a new launchpad app ( like sales order app) in new tab or window of browser.

with the new launchpad apps they are opened in same window and user want to work with multiple apps opened in different tabs.

Any idea how to achieve this ?

Regards

Yashpal Gupta

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

Please test it with custom tile and specify the Target URL instead of Semantic Object flag in the Navigation setting.

Specify the app "#" + Semantic Object + "-" action after the FioriLaunchpad.html.

https://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html#SalesOrder-track

You will loose some navigation functions like app to app navigation with this.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa..  i will try this.

Regards

Yashpal

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

There are several posts about people doing what you wish accidentally but the issue they run into the they lose the configuration (their theme for one example) when they migrate off the launchpad tab.  So you may want to simply consider opening mulitiple tabs with a starting with Launchpad.  A bit tedious, but simple to accomplish.  Search around in this community for "fiori" and "theme_error" to see the threads which apply.

If you can't find them, respond to this post and I will see if I can help with the search.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG