Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Owner Determination - From Org.Chart

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to know if in GRC MSMP workflow, Is there a way where we can determine the role owner based on Organization Chart in the target system?

Example User has applied for one role called Collection Manager.

In my Organization Chart I have a position and it has a Manager assigned.

I have a PFCG role with this position created in SAP system.

Is there a way where I can route my PFCG position role to Manager assigned to that position in Org.chart?

Is this possible.

Please advise.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

seems that there is no standard functionality for that scenario.

If you can link the roles with your org chart you can create a table with the relationships. This table can be used in a BRF+ rule to gather the owner for a role.

As this is a modification you need a developer to create such programs. I do not have the experience and can just share some thoughts how to build it.

Regards,

Alessandro

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the details.

Yeah you are right there is no such standard functionality. Actually business need this for only 2 roles and for all others it is based on role attributes.

May be I will check with business if its really worth the development if we plan to develop some custom table or custom program or a Function module for this purpose.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Madhu.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

I fully agree with you. If it is only for two roles it is definitely not worth to develop such programs. Also I assume that the owner will not change daily, so probably you are doing that once in a long time.

Hence I really suggest to use the given processes from GRC. With role update you can easily update role owners and that takes you not even a minute.

Also be aware that a new development brings additional effort in the future while updating to a higher release. As you are also depending on the org chart you have one additional source where you can have errors.

Hence I do not see any benefit from that.

Regards,

Alessandro

Answers (0)