cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer Down Payment request inclusive of Tax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I have following requirement for down payment request scenario.

Current AS-IS situation

Sales order  (VA01) ---> Prepayment Order ( VA01) --> Down payment request / Down payment Invoice ( VF01)  --> accounting document of VF01

100 Rs.     Net                    100 Rs. Net                                   100 Rs. Net

20 Rs.       VAT  ------>          20 Rs. VAT  --------->                     20 Rs. VAT                                                             ---> 100 Rs.

in this accounting document entry is happening as noted item with

DR. Customer Account ( net amount without Tax) 100 

.so, after this step, I can see in FBL5N as 100 Rs. as open item for customer

TO BE Scenario

my user needs that at this step, posting should be

Dr Customer A/C  - 120

Cr. customer down payment - 100

Cr. Tax - 20

can you please suggest and give your input in order to how can we achieve this.

Thank you for your input.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please configure GL account for posting in OBXB for MVA Transaction , this is going to be the clearing account for posting

The Recon account for Customer to be posted to should have setting  +B in the co code

The entry posted to would look like screenshots below Bank account Dr , tax entry would set-off with each other,

see if this helps to resolve ur issue.

Thanks and Regards

K.R

former_member793321
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

1)Do Customer receipt through T-Code:F-29, by selecting the downpayment request created through T-code:VF01.

Accounting Entry:

Bank Dr    120

To Customer      100

To Tax Payable     20

2) Create normal invoice  through T-code:VF01

3) In T-code:F-32, In open item selection, give specia G/L Indicator A, and Process open-item

Now clear your advance document generated through F-29 against the invoice 

document,generated through VF01

Accounting entry:

Customer Dr. 120

To Customer     100

To Tax payable   20

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to follow the below steps:

1. Create Customer Sales Order (VA01)

2. Post a customer down payment request with reference to Sales Order (F-37)

3. Convert the DPR into a down payment (F-29)

4. Billing (VF01)

5. Clear Downpayment against invoice

For tax, please ensure you maintain the tax category in Customer Down Payment GL as "*" or + for output taxes

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

dineshkumar_rengarajan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

Just a design level suggestion for your requirement.

You are looking to have a system that calculates tax during DP invoice.

Create a new Item category which has 'Billing Plan' tab enabled at Item level. Check with Abap'er to bring a custom field (check box) saying 'Tax on down payment'. Here the posting schema needs to be defined (like which account needs to be used for tax posting and its PK and D/H indicator and use some FM for tax calculation and check for zero balancing, etc.,.)

Then whenever the check box is ticked, and the Billing is performed for the DP invoice, then enable the system to calculate tax amount based on the tax classification & tax defined for the SO using the so called code written in routine or user exit. Now, the tax calculation can be achieved.

This is purely a custom suggestion (nothing to do with standard SAP). Sorry i couldnt able to provide much of a technical solution for your requirement . But still this is achievable and i worked some years back on the same.

BR, D'nesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Thank you for your reply.

This GL Account  settings is already there in my system. but it is not achieved what is required .

in our case, Down payment request is being created by VF01 ( through SD route)

so, in total there are 2  VF01 document . down payment request / down payment invoice and 2nd is final billing invoice.

Let me know if any additional input.
it will be great help

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for your reply.

do you think any configuration changes being done from FI side in addition to this custom solution.

based on your past working if you can share some more information it will be helpful very much.