cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when message mapping refers to old SWCV

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you open a message mapping that has a message type from an old SWCV, e.g. FSAPPL 200, but this Enterprise Service Repository only has a newer version of the SWCV, e.g. FSAPPL 400, you get an error and you cannot display the mapping. Is there a way to tell it to use the identical message in the newer SWCV without having to edit the mapping?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

I assume you are using SAP provided ESR content? As per my understanding you should not worry. Things will work even if the SWCV is of another / older version.

However this assumption is based on my experience with PI 7.0. YMMV.

You could of course always import the older SWCV into ESR. It will live happily besides the new SWCV

Cheers

Jens

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I know it doesn't affect the functionality, but I would like to be able to see the mapping.

So it appears the only solution is to edit the mapping (or import the old SWCV).

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid importing the old SWCV would be your best choice as per my knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Monika

When you open the mapping it shows the error, but the mapping still opens and the structure will not be there. Edit the mapping and drag drop the message type from the new swcv. If the structure are same mapping will be automatically generated, else you see a small yellow icon just above the structure using which you can regenerate the mapping easily.

Regards

Osman