cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Trial 7.03 64bit: sapinst Phase 15 Import ABAP fails with SAPSYSTEMNAME

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

When installing SAP NetWeaver Trial 7.03 to Windows 7 Prof the execution phase 15 (Import ABAP) fails with these messages

################################################

Abort execution because of

controller.userDecideToStop

##############################################

INFO       2014-07-03 16:32:03.38 [synxcpath.cpp:814]

CSyPath::createFile() lib=syslib module=syslib

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\.lastInstallationLocation.

CGuiProxy::receive(): connection on socket 580 closed by peer

=>sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

=>sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

Exit status of child: 2

I found several discussions ont SAPSYSTEMNAME, but unfortunately I have not been able to learn how to overcome this problem.

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

With a lot of other changes I could not overcome the problem, so I set up my computer from scratch again.

This time I prepared some things a little bit differently from the first installation, mainly these:

As Windows user name I did not user "first.name" but "name" only

I created empty DATA folders in EXP2 und EXP3 directories

I assured correct settings of environment variables JAVA_HOME and Path

Whether one of those prepare steps avoided the trouble or whether there was anything other doing that: I finally succeded in installation of SAP NetWeaver Trial 7.03 64bit on Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Thanks to all who spent their time and efforts when trying to help me out of the trouble.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiner,

Thanks for the feedback have a good day.

Johan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to add this:

One difference between my installations is, that the Windows Server 2008 was used with only 1 hard drive, whereas the failing installation into Win 7 is using 2 hard drives. Whether this may cause the error?

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your filesystem NTFS?

Thanks

Imtiaz

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried an installation with 1 volume only, but the error message came again. So the cause will not depend on the number of volumes available.

Furthermore without success I appended an parameter to the command line for calllling sapinst.exe:

C:\Windows\system32>

"C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW703\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\sapinst.exe" "SAPINST_CONTROL_URL=C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/control.xml"

"SAPINST_CWD=C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL" "SAPSYSTEMNAME=NSP"

And without success I edited in Notepad

C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW703\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\control.xml as administrator and modified the string:

pf.add(new Property("SAPSYSTEMNAME", this.getSID()))

to

pf.add(new Property("SAPSYSTEMNAME", "NSP"))

Did anyone suceed in the installation of 64bit Trial on Win 7 Prof?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiner,

Operating System:

• Windows 7 Professional or Windows Server 2008R2 (English) Hostname must not exceed 13 characters
  • NTFS-File systems Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher or Firefox 1.0 or higher (newest recommended)
  • At least 4 GB RAM (recommended 8-16 GB)
  • Intel Pentium III/1.1 GHz or higher (or compatible), Multi core recommended.
  • 50 GB hard disk space temporary during installation - 36 GB permanent. The faster the better.
  • High-resolution monitor (1024x768 or higher, 256 colors)

This is requirements listed on the link https://store.sap.com/sap/cp/ui/resources/store/html/SolutionDetails.html?pid=0000000218&pcnty=US.

Please pay attention specifically to your hostname what is your hostname?

Kind Regards,

Johan

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

thanks for your reply. The hostname I use is simply W7PM64 (and stands for Windows 7 Prof with miniSAP 64bit) and thus should not cause installation phase "Import ABAP" cause to fail.

Kind regards - Heiner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinier,

Could you attach your sapinst.log sapinst_dev.log and other logs with latest timestamp please.

Kind Regard,

Johan

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the Kernel used if correct in terms of version/unicode/non-unicode.

Also make sure the database independent and dependent part belong to same version.

Or download a new kernel for your version and uncar in exe directory and try again.

Thanks

Imtiaz

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. The installation package is a standard miniSAP package and an installation into a Windows Server 2008 R2 some weeks ago worked without any problem.

I wonder whether there is a difference between an installation into Win7 and Win2008 that causes the problem?

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need a Windows Server edition to install.

Thanks

Imtiaz

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, for trial installations that is not true - please see requirements at:

https://store.sap.com/sap/cp/ui/resources/store/html/SolutionDetails.html?pid=0000000218