cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create RFC connections

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

I got a message to update a managed system. I start managed system configuration and select the affected system, configure system step 3 connect managed system. At this point I get an error stating "Error when opening and RFC connection (lb: Hostname or service of the message server unknown"  I have tried pinging the system by hostname from the solution manager server and it pings fine. I ran a connection test from the Solution Manager server to the managed system using the one RFC connection available and it connects well also. When I look in the work directory there is an error message repeating the above. Not sure what else I can look at there, I entered the system into the HOSTS file on the solution manager server to see if it made a difference it doesn't. Attached is the entry in the DEV_RFC log from the work directory it won't paste into the question for some reason

Thanks In Advance

Troy

Specifics

Solution Manager 7.1 SP6

Oracle 11.2.0.4

Windows 2008 R2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

I got a message to update a managed system. I start managed system configuration and select the affected system,

For the affected system i would like to check the SAPOSS connection on the specific system first with OSS1 tranx.Here i suppose on testing SAPOSS connection on the affected system you'll get the error

(lb: Hostname or service of the message server unknown)

Kindly share the OSS1 configurations screenshot( If possible) at affected system and confirm the SAPOSS connectivity on same system.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow SAP Note   1489411 - RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR

and share the results for SAPOSS test connection .

Regards,

Gaurav

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

The saposs connection test works fine, it returns ok's from the solution manager server and from the target server to germany. The DEV_trace indicates an issue finding the sapmsPRD service. The trace is attached as cut and past just isn't doing it.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Can you follow this note.

896973 - Service 'xyz' unknown; error in getservbyname/getaddrinfo

Divyanshu

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu

I ran the niping test and the results are in the attached file. I tried pasting but it just doesn't work for me in our environment.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Sorry was the late reply.

Your solution is with this note.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1851854

Regards,

Divyanshu

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

No my solution is not with that note, thank you for the input.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you update sapMS entry in services file.

Divyanshu

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

No entry to update, its been sapmsPRD since 1998 when we stood the system up.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Can you tell me what were you performing in "STEP-3". Also, can you do from solman to your managed system and vice-verse, can you do a telnet test for affected ports.

Regards.

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

Step 3 of managed system configuration is to create the RFC connections to and from the Solution Manager server.  We don't telnet, it's not allowed on our network. I can ping from the target server to the solman server and back. I can also run a good rfc connection test between each server if that is what you are asking.