cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of budget in WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to prevent users to create WBS elements without being tied to budget control (IM), because I can not trace Capex that is not tied to IM. I wish there was automatic connection between modules in creating the WBS in CJ20N without manual. Through the project profile

Could anyone help me?

We use PS and IM modules without help of any other software.

Laryssa Machado

Functional analyst

Solví CSC - Brazil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laryssa,

As per my knowledge you cant link WBS to IM position automanically in standard SAP.

One option is there, you can create WBS referring appropriation request(AR) that is linked to IM position, but in that case you have include WBS in AR which is similar to including IM position in WBS.

I think that option also not adding any values to your process

You can create 1st level WBS & set the initial user status restricting transaction as per your requirement , also you have to maintain validation to restrict creating WBS level > 1, if the initial status is active.

Same time you have  create a Z program to set IM position for WBS which is initial status is active. In assigning WBS to IM pos. you can try IM22 t code in coping BDC program where it you change IM position. in the same program change the initial user status to another status so that you can create lower level WBS without triggering out validation.

Hope you can get some thing from my subjection.

Regards,

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampath Samarathunga,

Thank you. I'll have to create a table validation WBS level 1 with the investment program.

Kind regards.

Laryssa Machado

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our friends have given you good options to map this issue. The way I see your issue is "No project/WBS should be created if it is not assigned with IM program type/position" .Correct me if my understanding of your issue is wrong.

If correct, then the easiest way I can think of is the removal of create/change roles from authorization object C_PROJ_VNR or C_PRPS_VNR if specific to WBS only . As with IM-PS integration IM will fund WBS (generally level 1) and project definition will be created automatically along with the funded wbs element. (Not sure whether this authorization object will work or not)

Second option, try auth. object C_PROJ_TCD and remove roles/activities related to project definition master data creation (like activity 0102) . In this way also users shall not be allowed to create project definition directly.

Third option,Why to give full fledged CJ20N authorization to users, Even if you want to give then control it using authorization object as I mentioned above.Else better way around is give them enjoy transactions specific to  WBS creation ( don't provide them CJ20N with project manager roles for project creation,or transactions like CJ01,CJ27,CJ2B should be removed from their roles.)

Let us know if you have any issue in all the options mentioned in this thread.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

Thank you. I'll have to create a table validation WBS level 1 with the investment program.

Kind regards.

Laryssa Machado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought of every possible solution but could not found anything. But yes certainly there are few scenarios that came in my mind which I want to share with you.

I believe that you are maintaining IM-PS Integration. Could you please let me know few of my queries before I proceed further ?

1. Are you creating your project profile through IMA11 by creating appropriation requests. ?

2. Are you creating level 1 WBS through IMA11 itself ?

3. Are you using IMCCP1 to roll up your plan values ?

4. Are you using IM52 to put your distributable amount in budget ?

5. At last, are you using CJ30 for final budgeting ?

If answer to all above queries is YES, then I want to share my scenarios otherwise wait for other experts suggestions.

Scenario1:

Since you do not want WBS to be created without budget being tied to IM. So, I personally feel that when you do the budgeting then obviously system status of WBS will change to BUDG AVAC. So, I think if you can do the validation or setting the user status like if WBS Status =  BUDG AVAC then only you can allow further WBS elements to be created or vice versa like WBS Status <> (Not Equal to) BUDG AVAC then do not allow further WBS elements to be created. You can search for any user exit if it is available.

Scenario 2:

When you tag IM-PS integration then in budget profile (OPS9). You put the Program Type Budget. So I think if you can handle the situation in such a way that WBS can only gets created where your budget profile is using program type budget. But again you need to think in terms of validations, user status or user exit. Moreover, you can also go to through SPRO Investment Management->Investment Programs->Define Program Type. Just go through the following screen shot and think if this can help you.

Furthermore, I request to wait for other experts advise. I am not sure but I might have gone off  the track with my scenarios/suggestions. Please excuse me for the same.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Kind regards.

Laryssa Machado