cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in /scwm/rfui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

We have customized the /scwm/rfui and added extra validations . Here when user gets error message , system should stop for further to proceed. Once he enters any key , it should allow to scan for new one.

1. How to use pop up message in /scwm/rfui

So for this we thought of giving pop up message. But it is not working.

Iam using the method : /SCWM/CL_RF_BLL_SRVC=>MESSAGE. But after the message , system is confirming the WT rather than going back to screen.

Can any one help on this.

2.How to use message in same RF screen 

Also how to display success message in the below the screen because if  we try to give success or warning , system is not displaying. It is only displaying error message .

Please do needful help for these.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tushar_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to first understand EWM RF Framework.

RF framework will only display error message. 

For displaying other (Success, Warning), you have to use other method.(you have already mentioned one of them in your question).

In  processing function module(PAI) you have to always check for error condition and issue error messages.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your reply. I have done in PAI of the screen. I want pop up message for error message. I have kept in PAI. Pop up is coming and after pressing enter , as sy-ucomm is ENT , system is processing the step and executing the task instead of coming back and user to enter the input.

If you get any idea, please do needful help.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

tushar_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

You have to use Message .. Type 'E' statement, if you want to stop the processing.

Alternatively, you can use RETURN or EXIT keyword after calling popup message screen.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

1. For same screen :  I have already used to 'E'. It is working . But user wants beep sound for error. So for all messages beep sound will come.

2. For Pop up : Used 'E'  and EXIT but system not stopping. Mean it is not going to PBO .

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

tushar_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

Standard Display profile(**) uses option 1 for message display . So error messages are displayed at status line(place where function key push buttons are visible). Once error message is displayed on status line, user can press F9, to display the error message on popup screen.

However if you always want to display message first on separate screen, use option 0.