cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SAP FI Certification & Salary

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 8 yeoars of Banking & Finance experience i am thinking of doing SAP FI Certification. Please guide me should i g for it or not?

I have done B.Com & MBA Finance & want to shift to SAP

PLease guide ASAP

What is the min Salary i can expect after completion of FI Certification?(Current CTC is 6.25 Lacs pa)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out by Ravi, though you have 8 years of domain experience, when it comes to SAP, you would be treated as a Fresher and your CTC would be half of what you are drawing currently.  But over a period of time, once you gain good exposure in SAP FI, you can dictate the market.  So choice is yours whether to continue in domain or sacrifice the perks benefits for couple of years and gain some knowledge in SAP-FI

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmipathi G

Thanks for your reply. Can you clarify on the below mentioned doubt?

in my case Is it worth to invest in SAP & compromise on salary for two or three years?

Is it cost beneficial?

Its ok if i have to work at say 4.00 p.a. how much increment i can expect per year provided my performance is good.

& what % hike i can expect if i choose to switch?

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil.

Firstly you decide--how many hours i can practice SAP in a day??

It depends on your commitment.(normally a fresher can practice upto 3-4 hours in a day by comprimising/leaving your luxurious life with 6.5pa salary--i am not degrading--it varies from person to person)

I strongly feel---dont leave your current job--learn SAP by spending 4 to 5 hours in a day as an additional activity..(this mistake i made--now i am suffering)

i know some FI Certified consultants --now working for 1.5 lakhs PA--ofcourse it depends on your knowledge.(they are good at their knowledge)

Dont be in dreams by looking into your sap friends and their perks--it takes years of time based on your commitment and luck(here your luck plays 50% role)

Phanikumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The first thing I would ask you is to forget the salary requirement.

Please do not expect something and come to SAP. You may be disappointed.

Learn SAP as if there is no tomorrow. Then rest all would follows.

Please note salary is dependent on many things like your education, experience, certification, domain knowledge, soft skills, communication, attitude and more importantly, the demand and supply in the market.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Ravi.

Even if i agree to compromise on Salary will i be given chance in implementation or in Support? I just want to know the industry practice.

Its ok if i have to work at say 4.00 p.a. how much increment i can expect per year provided my performance is good.

& what % hike i can expect if i choose to switch?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

It is not possible to answer with authority on the uncertain questions which are subject to something happen.

My points:

1. SAP Certification is a knowledge enhancer, but there is no guarantee that every SAP Certified Consultants gets a guarantee job. Please note there are number of SAP Certified consultants (freshers) are still waiting for job, this is very high in SAP FI. You need to compete with all of them who has more experience and domain knowledge. What would happen if your Certification does not fetch you SAP Job? Then there would not be a question of salary comparisons.

2. Will I be given a chance in Implementation or Support:

Nobody can give answer to this question, even the company. Nobody knows what project you would put into. It is very dynamic market. You may have to pick up any work based on the client's available positions.

3. Is it OK if I have to work at 4.00 lacks per annum?

Anything could be possible? If they do not like your performance, they can make you redundant. If the client's position is not good, they could even reduce the salary or no hike for next few years or if they like your performance so much, they can even double your salary with a promotion. It all depends on various conditions, which nobody else here can answer that. Note there are many performance driven personnel are getting negligible amount of hikes or no hikes, they are getting.

4. & what % hike i can expect if i choose to switch?

If you are thinking hike before even starting to know what is SAP, then the better option is to drop coming to SAP field and continue what you are doing and excel in your current field. My words may look pessimistic, when you need to learn something, you should do it with passion. At this point strictly salary should be your primary motto, getting much exposure in SAP should be your aim.

Hope these would be useful to you.

Best Regards,

Ravi