Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP support job is Good For future??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a job offer as a SAP support on multiple modules[MM,SD,ABAP]. Company bond is 4 years[company is trusted] and i need to work on as a SAP support for 4 year[no implemention].

Is SAP support have a future or not?tell me the growth and salary after 4 year.I don't have a SAP certificate and course, but i have done my java course. Tell me can i accept job offer or not. Salary is 2.4 lakhs per annum and then 3.6lakhs per annum then 3rd and 4th year not so much growth.

Plz plzz reply me what knowlegde u have abt SAP support. 

17 REPLIES 17

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Raj

Please please spell your words out in full for the benefit of those in SCN where English is not a first (or second) language.

i cannot comment on salary for your country - maybe you could search to see what us standard range? Regardless, a lot of people in this space would be envious of you getting such a job opportunity without certification. If this is low paid you could view it as getting paid to learn

as far as support goes I just wrote my feeling on the topic a day ago

scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2014/07/02/give-support-a-chance

regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Also no one can tell you if you should accept a job or not. That is your decision.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thk u.

0 Kudos

Allow me to repeat what Colleen said in her first reply:

Please please spell your words out in full for the benefit of those in SCN where English is not a first (or second) language.

pk

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Congratulations for getting selected on SAP domain.

An opportunity in SAP comes in any way. It can be a Implementation, Support, Upgrade or a Roll out Project.

You did not mention about your current working details.

If I am in your place no doubt I would have signed on the agreement, because getting an opportunity in SAP requires vast experience now a days.

I assume that you are not into SAP so for, keeping this in view its better for you to join.

I am into Implementation and Support project from years. Every type of project teaches you different processes and scenarios.

Salary in the initial stages is not a criteria when you are coming to SAP domain. For sure it would give you bright future in next coming days.

Do not loose this chance and I welcome you to the world of SAP.... It is an ocean, where you can swim always....

All the best.

Regards,

Rafi

0 Kudos

Hello Rafi,

but company said i need to work on only SAP support on multiple modules but no implemention ,becoz implemention is done. And i see implemention work experience is good.but, 4 year support experience is good or bad?? can i get a chance in implemention after 4 years.

0 Kudos

Hai Raj,

For sure you will get Implementation projects in future.

If you look only for implementation project in the beginning of your career then as you are not expert in SAP then it would be a problem for you to get into SAP job later.

I advice you to utilize this opportunity. For sure you will rock in future.

Any experience in SAP always counts or adds to your next future in the same domain.

Regards,

Rafi

0 Kudos

Hii Mr.rafi, how many years of experience do you have in SAP? I am a fresher looking for SAP jobs and Raj is going to work for 4 years as a SAP support on multiple modules. Do you think only support experience is enough to get a chance in implemention after 4 years? and he is not working on a individual module like other SAP consultant.This is only for my knowledge after 4 years, on what position Raj will find him self ?

Regards,

Sonal

0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

I am into SAP from the past 6 years.

Future in SAP is always best. I have seen many consultants rising with good track in there career.

Your friend RAJ is so lucky that without any SAP background, he got an opportunity in it.

I suggest  you people to utilize it.

Don't think really SAP Support means - you need to provide your services only for existing developments. Apart from the existing developments you received new developments as part of Support project.

Currently I am working in Support project but literally speaking I worked on only 5% of the existing developments, but 95% worked on all the new developments.

As you said RAJ has to work on different modules - yes of course as SAP consultants we can stick to only one module. If a consultant has multiple modules then his demand would grow to high in the point of opportunities.

Never think that you have to be in Support project on different modules for 4 or more years. Just think that you don't have offer in your hand now, then what is your approach? What are you going do? Are you going to learn any technology? If yes, how are the openings for the technology you  have choose after you complete your training?

Just ask these questions to yourself? If you really don't want to waste time and want to click soon in your career then you have the option already waiting for you to  move to SAP.

SAP is always king in ERP industry. The growth, onsite opportunities, challenging career etc will always be there here. The only thing you need to do is - Dedication, Hardworking and Updating your self on different modules always.

I think I have provided you enough information. If you have any doubts further please feel free to ask.

It's not only me, but  everyone would suggest you the same.

JUST DON'T LOOSE AN OPPORTUNITY WHERE YOU CAN GROW ALWAYS...!!!

Regards,

Rafi

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want  to establish my career in SAP Domain and I am planning to join SAP course, which module has more opportunities in future. I have lot of confuse that  for which Module I need to join. Between MM,PP and ABAP Modules  which one has lot of opportunities and one more thing I don’t know about  Java or sql.

I have 1 year of work experience in MM Module but it is user end.

My Qualification is  B.E (ECE) and I am working.

And doing SAP course through  E-academy is good or class room course.

Please reply it is of my career which I need to decide so plzz help me.

reply to this email id <<removed>>

Message was edited by: kishan P

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First and foremost important point is you have not described about yourself without which, it would be difficult to offer advice.  If you are in the first phase of your career and looking for better growth prospects, I would recommend you without any hesitation, you can accept this offer.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

abt my Qualification: B.E (I.T) 2013 passout

Work Experience :Fresher

I have strong knowledge in java, Oracle 10g.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a democratic vote is what you are looking for, then the answer is Yes - go for it.

Support projects does not jeopardize your future. I understand the concerns you are raising here about "4 years of Support with no Implementation experience". Most recruiters these days, ask for 2 end-to-end implementations almost as casually as asking for your name.

You may or may not miss out on a few opportunities because of it, but it is any day better than not having a job and not gaining some useful hands-on for the next 4 years!

pk

0 Kudos

thank you kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you really interested in sap domain then you can accept your offer, whatever may be the type of project. it has very much scope in sap domain, initially try to learn the basics and later on expand your knowledge on different areas. now a days getting fresher job in sap domain is very difficult with out certification, but you got lucky utilize the opportunity.

Thanks,

Mallikarjuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I don't know about Support profile for 4 years on multiple modules. But definetly sure you need to be certified on a individual module then you can get a good salary jobs after 4 years. For my knowledge point of view Implementation experience is good to be a SAP consultant.

Regards,

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Most of the guys starting career in SAP that would be in SAP support only.  Even I started my career in SAP support only.  As a starting period we have take this support opportunity somewhere if we want to crack into SAP.  However, 4 years is longer period but if you look at it in other way, nowadays 4 years nothing... as time is flying like anything.  You can go to implementation after 4 years and you will also have good experience at the time.

Just check this forum how many of guys wanted to get into SAP, so if you see that then you don't regret this opportunity.

Something better than nothing.

Regards

RC Gopi