Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Simulate PR creation and capture errors in SRM

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are on SRM 7.0 EHP 1, classic scenario.

SC is created in SRM, post which, PR and PO gets created in ECC.

Sometimes, though SC is ordered successfully, it goes into error due to various reasons. (Mostly PR creation at ECC fails due to some data error etc)

Is it possible that:

In SRM, once we order SC,

> it will simulate PR creation in backend, Instead of actually creating a PR

> capture error if any at the time of PR creation simulation

> and display the same to user in SRM? So that user knows what the error is and hence can modify data and order SC successfully at one go?

Will it be possible to do this custom enhancement? Any pointers?

Is it possible to trigger an email to appropriate requestor based on RZ20 status? (As RZ20 captures error, can we send the SC error reason to requestor? But again this will increase requestors work of re-ordering the SC)

Are there any other simpler/better options?

Thanks,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay,

Do you have shopping Cart approval process in place ?

If yes then you cannot show error to the requester to check the error message in front end.

Secondly if you want to send a notification to requester that is possible . Create a program, scheduled in background, read the error SC and logs and send the same status to requester through email.

Thanks

Ankit Jain

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for your reply.

1. We do not have SC approval process in SRM. Once the SC is ordered its get auto-approved. So is there any BADI which I can utilize to simulate PR creation > capture error > and display it to Requestor?

2. In the case email notifications, will it be possible to send the exact error reason for SC error? Do we have any standard FM to do this? or it will be custom code query on standard tables?

Pls let me know.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patil,

You can check with the Snote 520717. Check with the FM B31I_PURCHASE_REQUI_CHECK . It can help you to solve your issue

Thanks

Gaurav