cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add test cases to repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In SOLAR02 transaction, we can add test cases in the test cases tab.

While adding the test cases, we are able to find some default test cases(like CATT/eCATT script) available in the system. Seems like some test cases repository is available within Solution Manager system.

I know that we can add our own test cases from our desktop to the test cases tab in the SOLAR02 transaction.

But, I would like to know there there is any possibility that we can add our own test cases to that repository, so that any other user can see the test case and add it to the test cases tab.

Thank you all in advance.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

you can define test cases also directly in transaction SCAT. But there is no difference to the maintenance of test cases via solar02. Since all test cases that are stored centrally in Solution Manager are stored in the same repository independent whether you have maintained them via solar02 or SCAT. So if you have created a test cases via test case tab in solar02 that has no logical component (i. e. the test case is stored in Solution Manager) you can re-use this test case also for other objects (even other projects or solutions) by specifying the test case ID in the test case column on the tab.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your help.

But I feel whatever you have told holds good for automated test cases like CATT & eCATT.

But when I am uploading a test document from SOLAR02 transaction, the test cases are not added to the repository.

But whenever we create a CATT or eCATT script, it is getting added to the repository.

Any further inputs pls?

best regds,

Alagammai.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

we have to distinguish between two types of test cases that are based on documentation:

- "manual test cases" are save in the test workbench repository.

"test documents" are 'documents' and are saved in the document repository of the Solution Manager (in the same way as documents on the project documentation tab). Nevertheless, you can re-use test documents, too. If you select the option "Link to Solution Manager Document" you are able to search for existing test documents and assign them several times.

Best regards,

Michael