Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRs are not generated for some locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have worked on below scenarios.

Location - Product data has been cheked. Also, T-lanes are active also.

Still STRs not getting generated as below.

Scenario 1 -

I have 1 Prod. Plant (Leeds), 1 DC( Liverpool) and two customers( Lon & Man).

Lon is connected to Leeds directly and Man to DC liverpool.

Forecast of Man is coming in Distribution demand ( Planned) of Liverpool.

Forecast of Lon is coming in Distribution demand ( Planned) of Leeds.

But Liverpool's Distribution demand is not going to Leeds.

Scenario 2 -

I Have four customers NY, LA, IND and NJ connected to UT(DC).

And UT is conncted to DAL(Prod. Plant).

Forecast of IND and LA is coming to Distribution demand (Planned) of UT, but Forecast of NY and NJ is not coming to Distribution demand(Planned) of  UT. And DD of Ut is not going to DAL.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for explaining the issue in detail. Here are few suggestions:

1st step: Please run the low level code /sapapo/snpllc. In simple terms, this will help SNP to identify your distribution network.

Scenario1:

option1: To reflect the distribution demand on plant (Leeds), please run location heuristic at DC (Liver pool) when you have distribution demand at DC appearing from customers.

option2: Go to t-code /sapapo/snp01, run the network heuristic (here you need not specify a location) for your material. This will create all distribution demand and receipts in your network

Scenario2:

Similarly for this execute option 2 mentioned in scenario1.

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I done same as you suggested above.

But still not getting any results.

Also, I have deleted MATLOC and created again.

Released forecast successfully and again run location heuristic, but it could not generate Distribution receipt(Planned).

Same thing I performed at DC, but still same output

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Hope you would have checked these earlier:

1. Try to manually create a distribution receipt at DC and see if this is taking your plant as source location. This is to make sure that your t-lane is fine.

2. Check the procurement type at your DC, it can be F or X but should not be E.

3. Check if you do not have stock already available at DC sufficient to meet distribution demands from customers.

Good luck!

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I have tried as suggested but still STRs of DC is not going up to Prod. Plant.

Also, Is it necessary to maintain Safety stocks at all levels.

I maintained safety stocks at all levels and seen no distribution demand at any level.

With no safety stock, it is going up only one level.( Only one level up where direct lane)

Please help.

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Please share which all values are maintained in SNP2 tab of product master at DC. Maintaining safety stock at any location is not mandatory. Also, please share the details of distribution demand coming at DC (start date/end date/qty etc.).

Providing screenshots from MAT1, RRP3 (rrp3 screenshot to check demand and receipts at DC) and planning book at DC level will help to identify the reason. Also, please confirm if you were able to create a distribution receipt at DC from plant manually?

Regards,

Umesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Please check lead time, SNP Stock transfer Horizon,SNP Production horizon in SNP2 tab of product master.

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh & Mukesh,

I am Attaching 4 screenshots below.

Manchester is Cutomer, Liverpool is DC and Leeds is Production plant.

Also, RRP3 view of Liverpool is attached for same product.

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Are you using VMI planning book to run SNP heuristics? If not, please use the 9AVMI planning book and execute Location heuristic at DC from there. T-code: /n/sapapo/snpvmi

Path: APO---> SNP--->Planning---> VMI---->Interactive VMI

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I am not doing VMI based planning. I am using planning book 9ASNP94 with data view SNP94(1).

Do I need to maintain SNP demand, supply and Deployment profiles at customers?

Also, I have made several changes.

Only Pull deployment horizon 20 days in SNP demand profile at DCs and Prod. Plants.

Only Push deployement horizon 10 days in SNP supply profile at DCs and Prod. Plants.

Only Fair share - A in Deployment profile at DCs and Prod. Plants.

Do I need to maintain ATD receipts - ATR and ATD Issues - ATI to at all customers, DCs and Plants.

Still facing same problem.

Hope you will have some solutions for me.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hemant,

Can you remove forecast horizon in the SNP2 tab and run the heuristic ?

Also check the period factors at all the locations?

Please check tlane between DC and plant .

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh & Mukesh,

I  have done the same and changed SNP2 tab as you can see below.

Now Distribution demand ( Planned) is not getting generated at customer level.

For T-lane checking purpose, I have made manual entries and run hueristic, STRs are getting up to Factory.

It is getting to confusing to understand error part.

Please help.

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

The SNP2 tab looks OK now. The fields pull deploy horizon/Push deply horizon, Push distribution, fair share rule, ATD/ATI do not have any effect on the outcome of SNP heuristic planning results. So, let us not get confused with any of these fields. These are relevant when you will execute deployment after SNP heuristics.

Try to run network heuristic with the below settings and let us know if it works:

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thanks  for your support.

I have tried as you suggested and checked results, but there is no change in output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh & Mukesh,

I have done create MATLOC for a new product and run heuristic on all levels.

Customer / DC / Factory.

It is working fine.

For my old product(for which Heuristic is not running), I have maintained same master data as of new. But still it not generating distribution demand ( planned).

T-lanes are fine as I am using All products lane.

Is it because I made so much changes to MasterData of old product or I have run /SAPAPO/RLCDELETE in SE38 so many times or I have removed MATLOC assignment to '000' model once and again assigned or any specific reason?

Please help.

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Running rlcdel will not affect your heuristic results as long as you have not deleted the forecast/requirements. Changing the master data fields multiple times also is not an issue if the master data values finally selected are OK.

If your master data for old products is same as for new ones (for which heuristics results are good) let that be like that.

Please make sure you have demand available, if needed create some more demand, also I assume have reassigned the products to the 000 model. You can also try running the SNP01 t-code with detailed log option selected, which may show you the error in your setup.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I have successfully run heuristic and deployment of a product B.(New Product)

As I have already confirmed, It is still not working for product A.

Today, for same locations I have created products, C & D.

Still heuristic is not generating STRs.

Should I check with Basis people as All master is same as product B and lanes for all products.

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

SNP heuristic behavior for different products should not be related with BASIS issue.

Hope you have checked your master and transaction data for old products A, C & D to be matching with product B.

Please try to create manual distribution receipts (STR) at customer & DC for product A, and let me know if this is working fine, to make sure that your t-lane is OK.

If that is fine, please share the total demand and SNP2 tab of the location where you are not getting the STRs.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I am cehcking with T-lanes and master data once  more as you suggested.

Meanwhile i ran Temporary LLC determination for all products, it gave me below message for product C (Acuson) & D (ESPREE).

Screen shot is attached below.

one more I want to think that maintaining Procurement type F at customers and DC's and E at Production plant will create error of cycling?