cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range monitoring for Background Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I found many threads in SCN w.r.t to Number ranges but none of them helped.

I have referred to the thread

In the above threads it works fine for dialog processing and the notification will come to the end user.

The problem that  we are facing is that the number range gets exhausted with some background Jobs and the notification does not get registered anywhere due to background processing..

I have looked for the Object ADRNR(which is the culprit in our case) and the warning % is set at .10. I checked SM21 and SLG1 as well for something that may have been logged but found nothing.

In this case would you suggest a custom report hitting the table NRIV or Is there any sap standard mechanism.

Please guys throw some ideas..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you already find the object--why cant you check ADRNR number status in SNRO in alternative days and can do changes accordingly--what was the problem lying here...

Also normally this ADRNR will get updated only once whenever you are creating CMR/VMR??

Why you kept very limited numbers here -for this object???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

We have found the culprit and fixed it by enhancing the number ranges. We did not keep limited number range and we have a vast number range for it and still exhausted and faced several problems till this is resolved.

ADRNR 01    0000000001    0549999999

I am looking for ways inorder to avoid similar kind of problems for other objects.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to overcome from this issue permanently, you need to trigger an email to the respective users giving a warning message that the number range is going to lapse.  For this, you can validate the related header tables like VBAK for sale order and VBRK for billing and compare the same with the related objects in such a way that when the number range is nearing completion (say another 100 numbers are there).

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly we looking for some process so that the respective users gets informed about it. Is there any std way to do that OR some one needs to write an ABAP program by hitting the tables NRIV and TNRO?

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP person need to write a code based on requirements whom to send the email/SMS message for number range Alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks Sridhar..I am little surprised that there no std SAP settings to achieve the same. Never mind if an ABAP program can solve my issue.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the logs in SM37

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your time.

Job log of that Job in SM37 says that this Job was broken. But I wanted to monitor the Number range w.r.t to Background Jobs. Not once the Job is broken but before that. Some kind of a Warning message before the number ranges get exhausted.

Lakshmi