cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM: BP is not available in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created some business partners with BP role employee and assigned an SAP user in each BP.

In cProjects I can find out the Business Partners which I created in the first time. But I can no longer find the latest created BP now. I never did any config in the system and every step is the same when creating the BP. Anyone knows what the problem is or is there some config reference to this?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few questions..

1) Have you closed your session & tried again? Since BP created newly with cProjects session open will not show the BP's sometimes in the same session.

2)Have you checked for BP details again in tcode BP whether BUP003 role & user id is assigned to BP?

3) Search for BP in the F4 help in staffing tab using 'Resources linked to user' and check whether newly created BP appears in the result.

Please let us know about these questions.

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I've tried all you mentioned above and I'm sure the newly created BP is assigned with BUP003 role & user id. But it's still not visible.

Regards,

Yemi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fell helpless with how to check what the problems can be.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share some screenshots of the BP which you are having problem.

Regards,

Ravi

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also check the details of business partner linkage with user id and whether Central persons are created for a business partner in the below transaction.

Tcode - RPM_EMPDATA

You can execute this transaction without any input, to view all BP's and their linkages.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Ravi

This is one of my BPs which are not found.

BP role: Employee

Link with an User id

RPM_EMPDATA

Only 7 BPs are found in cProjects

Regards,

Yemi

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yemi,

From the screenshot 3, I could observe that wherever org. unit is maintained, only those you are able to view in the search result.

What 'Staffed by' have you selected in the 'Project role type' in customization? I feel you have selected 'Resource manager via responsible organization'.

You can try either changing the role type (Which has 'Project lead' as staffed by) in the project role or try assigning 'Dept' to the BP '11' and search again

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Ravi

Thanks for you replay, that solved my problem.

Howerver there are something remain unclear to me. I tested as following.

1. I'm sure my role type is 'Staffed by Project lead' not ' Resource manager via responsible organization'.

2. I add the missing BP to an organization and then it successfully appears in cProjects.

3. Finally, I deleted all the organizations in PPOCE and all BP with 'Employee' role appear in cProjects.

As far as I know, the organization does matter the BP with role type Staffed by 'Resource manager via responsible organization'. And now I'm wondering whether or not must I not creat any organizations in the system even if all the role types are Staffed by 'Project Lead'.

Regards,

Yemi

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yemi,

As far as I know, there is no linkage of org. unit for the staffing processes - 'Project lead' and 'Resource manager via Authorization'.

'Resource manager via resp. org. unit' (called as extended staffing process) & MRS (If MRS is integrated) staffing processes  uses the org. unit and from there the staffing manager is picked for staffing the resources for project role.

Otherwise also in any standard implementations, we do not link business partners to org unit.

Can you please let us know, how and where you are linking org. units.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi

In transaction PPOCE I assign a BP to a position which belongs to an organization unit and thus effects the search result of resource in Project.

Regards,

Yemi

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yemi,

Normally HR employees are linked to positions, Is there any specific reason for assigning position for a BP?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi

We're testing cost/revenue of different organization unit when doing cost Integration, and we are not sure should we assign BP to a position. Only for testing reason.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Yemi

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yemi,

No need to assign position to BP for costing integration.

Regards,
Ravi

Answers (0)