cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.0 - Order & Notification assignment type Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agentry experts,

for WM 6.0 we have the idea to get a more flexible assignment for notifications and work orders, as our business process requires more flexibility than the standard available assignment types e.g. Work Center

User A should only see certain equipment

User B should see certain activity types

User C should only see unscheduled

etc.

Our idea is to add custom assignment types (similar to described by Mark here) which will call the standard reports behind IW29 / IW39 with a user specific selection variant.

Does any of you have experience which you could share, or a better suggestion how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance for suggesting!

Regards

Merten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS confirmed this is an issue in the delivered code. We ended up to change to a very generic assignment, in our case planner group, then enhance a user exit with an additional custom selection logic.

Thanks for the answers.

christian_janson
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are now working on this and have implemented some ABAP code for Notification and Work Order Assignment Type = Z which is available in the standard WM 6.0 config panel. This is also configured in the mobile application config and data object filters (as described in the Assignment Type documents.

However, on the client we get error: Invalid Wo.AssignmentType from the ini file or SAP Mobile Configuration. Please check the ini file or the mobile configuration for assignmenttype (Z) in section APPLICATION_CONFIG

So our Assignment config is OK, but not working. I see in Java that this error is thrown by class WorkOrderAssignmentTypeDelegateFactory, this class only tests on types 1-8 and A.

Any guidance on how to resolve this easy would be appreciated.

Thanks

Merten

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Merten,

Extend the relevant java classes to include support for your Z type?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

extending the Java classes to support a new assignment type is somewhat tedious. Extending the WorkOrderAssignmentTypeDelegateFactory cannot be done directly by specifying a custom implementation in the config panel, instead you would have to replace several other classes that are using the Factory class (anyone, please correct me if I am wrong).

If you are bold enough to use AspectJ, you can extend the getAssignmentTypeDelegate(...) methods without replacing the classes that are using the factory. If you want to try this and need advice, let me know.

Regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

this is what I tried so far. However, the assignment type error is thrown within the constructor method of the superclass I would extend. As Java forces you to always call this first and you cannot try...catch it, I seem to be stuck on this approach:

public class MyWorkorderFetchBAPI extends WorkorderFetchBAPI

{

public MyWorkorderFetchBAPI(User user, GregorianCalendar cal)

throws Exception

{

super(user, cal); // Here Exception is thrown

// My code not used

}

}

Appreciate any ideas.

Thank you!