cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI + Sneak Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to set up a testinstallation of Mobile Infrastructure. I downloaded Sneak Preview and have ABAP + JAVA - Stack running.

Now i got stuck. Can anybody guide me in further steps. I tried to install MI-Client on my Laptop but I didn't succeed.

1) What MI-Version I have to use ?

2) Where to download ?

2) What are the next steps ?

Thanks a lot all, who take time to help me.

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Can you please let me know what do you mean by saying installation didnt succeed? Are you getting error while installation or while synchronizing

As for your queries

1) What MI-Version I have to use ?

Depending on which stack you NetWeaver stack is on i.e either on 04 or 04s, you can use either MI 2.5 or MI 7.0 for 04 and 04s respectively

2) Where to download ?

You can download the MI Client from http://service.sap/com/swdc and then navigate to SAP Support Packages -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver04s(or 04 as per your choice) -> Entry by Component -> MI Client -> MI Clien 7.00-> OS Independent and from here you can choose the SP you want to install.

3) What are the next steps ?

Once installation is completed, enter the server details of your MI middleware in the client and then sync to obtain a unique Device id. The MI Client is now setup for you to work on. Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer,

seems to me, I installed 04s version.

1) What is the difference between 04 and 04s ?

So, I'm going to download MI 7.0 ... there are diffent components:

MI ADMINISTRATION 7.00

MI CLIENT 7.00

MI DRIVERS 7.00

MI WD LAPTOP 7.00

Do I need to install all of them ? I want to make the complete system running on my laptop.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

NetWeaver 04s is the succesor for NetWeaver04. For the difference between MI 2.5 and 7.0, kindly see my reply in thread MI ADMINISTRATION 7.00 and MI CLIENT 7.00 are sufficient to install and get MI running. The other two are not required at all.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

thanks again for your very helpful hints.

Now I succeeded in downloading

MI CLIENT 7.0 - SP11

MI Admit 7.0 - SP11

The file format is .SCA. How can i install the files ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

In the available sca file, please use a winzip or winrar tool and navigate the way i have mentioned here to obtain the path for JSP setup.exe

NWMClient***.sca.zip -> NWM_JSP_WIN32.sda-> NWM_JSP_Win32.zip->setup.exe

Similiarly replace JSP by AWT and Win32 by WinCE

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

i started setup.exe and the installation process started. Unfortunatetly, the process aborted with the message 'no java JDK/JRE 1.3 - 1.4 found'.

I have java 1.5 installed. Is Version 1.3 - 1.4 nessecary ?

Thanks,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SP11 either JDK 1.3 or 1.4 is necessary. If you upgrade to SP12 which is not currently not yet released, you can use JDK1.5

Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

thanks a lot for you help.

i also have java -version 1.4 on my laptop. I changed the path-variable so the 1.4-verision is found when i try the command java -version.

But setup.exe still says it needs java 1.3-1.4. Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Either try adding JAVA_HOME (aslo JAVA_EXE if required) environment variable and retry installation or what you can do it to try using custom installation of MI instead of Standard installation which you can choose at the time of running setup.exe

Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

i changed both variables (JAVA_HOME and JAVA_EXE). But MI-Client-Installation still didn't find the correct version!

I can't using custom installation because the installation aborts before coming up with the custom installation.

JAVA_EXE = c:\program files\ibm\java142\jre\bin\java.exe

JAVA_HOME = c:\program files\ibm\java142\

Thanks,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

now it worked. I installed a new version of JRE 1.3.

The MI-Client Installation completet correctly.

Now, how to Install the NWADMIN ?

Thanks Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Good to hear it worked. NWMADMIN needs to be deployed on you Web AS using the Software Deployment Manager tool. This tool can be located on you J2EE installation dir C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\RemoteGui.bat. You can refer to the http://help.sap.com for more details on this.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

i read the documentation. but unfortunately, there ist no sdm directory on my laptop! has the sdm installed separately?

Thanks,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Kindly refer to the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/a7663bb3808c1fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (0)