cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU50 issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been using CU50 for calculating our multi-level configurable products (each sub-level assembly is a dummy material).

Normally the configutation values are available at product variant on MRP3 view. The calculation determines the variants based on this.

Everything goes well until a sublevel assembly has a fix variant at its MRP3 view. Then the subassembly BOM doesn't explode if there is a material variant. As configurable material can not be removed, the problem is not solvable by correcting master data.

Is there any idea, why a configurable material on MRP3 view would become a problem for CU50 calculation

This is how it look likes on Costing1

Here is the log about the material with error message. However the item has a valid super BOM.

If there wasn't any variant on MRP3, the costing run could run without any error.

Kind regards

Cihan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cihan Polat,

I assume you have checked a valid BOM & routing exist for the material C1B85011862010 in plant 70U5?

To confirm same , you can run CU50 just for this material and by assigning values to characterstic if you get correct BOM componets and routing operation.

PLease check what BOM application is maintained at various level of configuration profile, specialy whats the value maintained for configuration profile of this material as well as other settings related to Multilevel BOm is correct in CU43.

Check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply..

Maybe, this examples explains the issue much better.

Here you see that the super BOM of C1B83415624010 exploded correctly on CU50.

And C1B83415624018 is found.

Now I go into C1B83415624010 and make it a variant using the same configuration values as I used on CU50.  I can not revert this step to original.

Now, the result on CU50 appear following and as you see C1B83415624010 does not explode.

Thanks

Cihan

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cihan,

check below

A material variant is a component in a multilevel configuration. The

configuration of the material variant and the explosion of its BOM are initiated

with the GC_CONF_MATVAR program switch in the CUKO function group.

However, this explosion does not occur if the "Only configurable assemblies" flag is set in the configuration profile. This is an error, because the BOM of a material variant is considered as a configurable assembly.

for details go to below sap notes, .

Note 794941 - Explosion of material variant as a configurable assembly

SAP Notes

528755 Material variant as a component in multi-level config.
(2)
513288 Material variant as a component in multi-level
configuration
456510 Material variant in multi-level configuration
453553 Material variant in the multi-level configuration
440143 Material variant as a component in the configuration

it may help solving your issue

please do share your test result with group.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cihan Polat,

You you tried it?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't tried yet, but I am not sure if it will really help us. Because, we haven't set the "Only configurable assemblies" flag in the configuration profile of the material variant.

Thanks

Cihan

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your settings at configuration profile are correct, have you checked on all dependencies , there is possibility that one of the dependency generating a value which is noty part of material variant configuration and it may leads to incorrect behaviour.

copying below text from SAP note , http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/456510

check it may be the reason to your issue, check above link for more details.

A material variant is an independent configuration. The characteristic value

assignment of the material variant is defined in the material master and must

not be changed in the interactive configuration, neither by the user nor by

object dependencies.

The bill of material of the material variant is calculated in material requirements planning and in the production by the

characteristic value assignment in the material master only. If the material variant is used as a component in a multi-level configuration, its bill of

material may not be affected by the changed environment. Otherwise, the bill of material displayed in the interactive configuration would differ from the bill of material planned or produced later.

In general, material variants on lower-level items are therefore not configured in the interactive multi-level

configuration. That is, the configuration profile object dependency of the related configurable material is not executed and the bill of material of the

material variant is not exploded.

Solution

If the bill of material of the material variant should be exploded, you can
influence the system behavior by activating a corresponding program switch. For
this, set the constant in Include LCUKOFCKin function group CUKO to value 'X'.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not check configuration profile of material variant but please check the configuration profile of 1 level up as material variant is a component in another BOM and configuration profile of this material may have tick to check & explore only configurable assembalies it will not explore material variant.

Check as well my previous reply too.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, non of configuration profiles have this indicator checked.

Can it be like that because material variant is a component and should not explode?

However, the material variants again explodes well in planned and production orders.

The problem is just the explosion in costing. Can it really differ ?

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cihan Polat,

In a multilevel explosion every BOM should exploded, regardless of configurable, material variant or normal material BOM , but some time due to old versions or some other syntax or settings we may face issues, and in such cases you can open a issue with SAP or first check with available notes, i sent you few note number in my previous reply.

I didnt understand your last line

Cihan Polat wrote:

The problem is just the explosion in costing. Can it really differ ?

Do you want to say BOM is exploding but components are not relevant for costing? have you checked costing relevance indicator in BOM item details ?

Please check them and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean, the explosion works well in planned order and production order, but not during costing run simulation. The problem pops up, only if I convert the assembly into a material variant by filling config. material on MRP3 view.

Just see the following pictures.

Pic2 shows the result when C1B83415624010 becomes a material variant. Before it became a material variant, the result was like on Pic1.

In both cases, the configuration result is like in Pic3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cihan Polat,

Do you want to say explosion is happening correctly but componets are not getting costed?

Have you check costing relevance indicator in item details for this BOM components?

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (0)