cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN52N , Project Component Overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

When a project/wbs/network get the status, i.e. ACAS CLSD CNC  CNF  MANC NTUP PRC all components appare as "deleted" both in CJ20N and in the CN52N and when looking at the report how is it possible which actually ha been deleted from the activity and which as not?

If this is standard SAP, why?

Thanks

Kjell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kjell,

Yes,it is standard.You can overview deleted and undeleted components within project structure in components overview for Networks.

Or you can use CN22 transaction to view components for networks.

PS: Each system status triggers certain business transactions which are triggered either in foreground or in background.Ex. TECO will close reservation of materials of components for your project.REL will allow to post actual cost on project. etc.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Yes you are right. Even you can view the components from CN41N too. But Kjell's query is to identify or to track which material has been deleted and which are not. So I would rather believe we need to focus more on CLSD and Deletion Indicator. Isn't that.? Correct me If am Wrong.

Perhaps, Lets wait for Kjell's feedback. May be he will comeback with his findings

Regards,

Amit

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Actually, I replied according to what I understood from the query.Anyway, thanks for making it clear.But,after reading subsequent posts it seems Kjell wants to have a validation that "if the component is being issues out/consumed,received, it should not be deleted (marked as deletion flag) "

This is what I understood from it now.

@Kjell: Hi Kejell, let me know if I understood your query correctly.If not,please specify.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly what I mean

kjell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Saurabh,

Lets wait for Kjell Reply. It he really needs the process as you have mentioned. Then OPSG (Component Tab) will work in this case. Assign the profile to projects. There you have an option to modify the action of material components on Create, Change, Delete and Re-Assign and to modify the action as per warning, information or error as and when if any changes happened to material component.

Regards,

Amit

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kjell,

You can follow what Amit has mentioned to control deletion of components through 'Change Profiles'

Or

You can also use Exit CNEX0039/38 :EXIT_SAPLCOMK_013 : Check deletion of a component in a network. (check in SMOD)

You can use any of these options. OPSG is an easier option provided it should be workable for existing projects also. @ Amit: Will it work existing project also Amit?

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I am not sure but I feel it should work for older ones.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kjell,

There is one more workaround. Not sure it it helps you.

You can also keep track from CJ20N.

Go to Settings->Options-> Tick on Display Deleted Objects and Process it further.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Yes, but if I do that all components get the "BLUE" colour which is the DELETE colour her, and I have then to look at each and every status to see which is which, is it not so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Kjell,

You are right. It wont work as per Status is concerned. I need to search again for some better workaround.

Also, lets wait for other experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this is standard. But you can track the deleted components from RESB table. Just pass on the WBS or Network and there you have field called DELETED which provides information like which material item/components has been deleted and which are not.

But yes there is one drawback in this process, you cannot track the status of Network which is CLSD in your case because there are so few cases also where materials components gets deleted or vanished. Eg. When you do the TECO -

Please let me know if it works otherwise wait for other experts to comment on this and meanwhile I also search some better workaround.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all and thanks for response.

My problem is that I want to report on what/which componetns we have consumed in the project without going via a cost report.  It often happends that even the components is picked somboddy delete the component in the builder.  It's in the report (CN52N) as deleted, it's in the cost report as consumed, but actually the project did not need it.  Maybe running reservation report would help, but to me it look silly when the status say DLT REL in the CN52N when it's either deleted or not deleted.

Maybe CN52N os ot to be used for project which has been CLSD?