cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-S BP Grouping,BP Role,BP Categeory and ERP Vendoe Account Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody explains me releationship between MDG-S BP Grouping,BP Role,BP Categeory and ERP Vendoe Account Group?

It seems there is no requried field except Change Request Description.If we input value for CR Description only, we can still able to sumbit and activate CR and Bussiner Partner ID (Which is internally generated) will be stored in MDG stagging table for entity type BP_HEADER.

My question is then what is use of BP Grouping,BP role in this as it contains blank value? Also it observed that for new ERP Vendor the Account Group field is always in non editable mode,Any reason for this? Same issue with Company Code after selecting CC it displayed as non editable field before submitting CR as well.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I am facing the same problem, i.e. Vendor Account Group field is 'not editable'.

Did this got resolved? If yes please share solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

As subject is different  (Here I want to know releation between BP and Vender), Can you open new thread for your question? It is easier for tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Did you find the answer for this query ?

I have similar requirements where i have an mortgage loan Customer and a real estate customer(2 different account groups) and this should be mapped to 1 BP(Possibly with 2 different roles).

So is this possible ?

2 account groups mapped to 1 BP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Can you please post another thread for your requirement as it is always better for tracking purpose?

I will try to answer query there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted it.

Thanks,

Anil

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

please check document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31870, especially the chapter for Customer Vendor Integration (CVI).

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

BP Role will identify whether you are creating customer or vendor like 'FLVN01' is for vendor and 'FLCU01' is for customer.

BP Category will identify whether you are creation Organization or Person or Group.
ERP Vendor account group you will select on first screen and same account group will be displayed in new ERP Vendor Account group field that's why it always in non editable mode.

Yes once you will select CC it will become non editable, if you want to change CC, delete it and create new.

Fields will become mandatory when you will enter Account group and role. As vendor will not be created without Account group and role.

Best Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

Thanks for your reply.

But if we select FLVN00 ( Vendor) as BP Role how we can select select differnr ERP Account Group for that role (Example: We want to  create  Goods Suppier at one time, At another time we want to create Payee Vendor,Third time it is Employee Vendors and so on

Is any effect of BP Role Category on Venor field selection? It seems that in Search Suppiler UI under New push button,there are three options for selection (Organization,Person and Group).What are those then? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

When you select New -> Organization, below screen comes, In Grouping drop down you need to select Vendor Account Group and in Role list enter role.

Follow same procedure when you want to create next vendor.

Under new pushbutton, you will get three options:

Organization means when you want to create vendor.

Person means you are creating person not vendor, these person you can assign as a contact person to the vendor in Relationship tab.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

Thanks for making my understang clear.

But sitll unable to find answer for below question

But if we select FLVN00 ( Vendor) as BP Role how we can select different ERP Account Group for that role (Example: We want to  create  Goods Suppier at one time, At another time we want to create Payee Vendor,Third time it is Employee Vendors and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

When you open vendor creation screen through NWBC, you will see two tabs,(Suppose you are creating Goods supplier)

1.Supplier Details : Here you will enter vendor account group for Goods Supplier.

2.Role : Here you will enter role.

Now suppose you are creating Payee vendor. Again you will open new creation screen through NWBC. Again you will see two tabs :

1.Supplier Details : Here you will enter vendor account group for Payee vendor.

2.Role : Here you will enter role.

When you will create vendor in  MDG through NWBC there is 1:1 relationship between vendor account group and role.

In one creation process enter vendor account group (Goods Supplier) and role.

Again you need to open new vendor creation screen for second vendor creation, (these is a new fresh screen for vendor creation) and enter account group (payee vendor) and Role.

I hope now you got point.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

Do you mean for each vendor account group need to create different roles for each one. Then why SAP delivered 7-8 Vendor Account Groups but for Roles it is FLVN00 and FLVN01 only.

Can it possible to assigine mutiple account groups to one BP role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Yes it is possible to assign multiple account group to one BP Role.

Suppose you are creation goods supplier(Lets say account group is 'ABC' for goods supplier).

Then when you open vendor creation screen through NWBC, Enter

Account group : ABC

Role : FLVN01.

Now suppose you are creating payee vendor(Say account group is 'XYZ'). then in creation screen enter Account group : XYZ

Role : FLVN01.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

Guess some cofusion at my end now .

As some contrdiction in statement, there is BP role which is at intial screen and account group which is on next screen after selecting ERP Vendors Details area from intial screen UI,is non editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Above Role tab which you have shown above, there is 'Supplier Deatils' Tab also.

Can you share screen shot of 'Supplier Details' tab of your system.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you go...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

The grouping filed, which I have highlighted below, enter vendor account group here and it will automatically come in new ERP Vendor Account group field.

I hope it will answer your query nw 🙂

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

Still not clear as you said we can maintain assignment of muptiple ERP vendors account groups to one BP Role and for BP Grouping it is possible to do assignment with mutiple BP Roles.

My question is suppose

• I created on BP Grouping as MDGVEN and assign them with two BP Roles ( FLVN00 and FLVN001).
  • Now as per you it is possible to assign mutiple account groups to one BP role FLVN00.
  • Suppose I assigned account groups (0001,0002 and 0003) to FLVN00.

Now My question is how to create 0002 vendor, as account group field is non editable and in BP Grouping drop down there is no input value like 0002 (As it is vendor account grop and not BP Grouping value)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

BP Grouping value and vendor account group value is always same. if you are selecting MDGVEN as grouping, it means that your vendor account group is MDGVEN only.

You cannot assign multiple account group to one role. please understand one grouping which you will enter in 'Supplier Details' tab will be your vendor account group and one vendor will get created with one account group only. one vendor will not have multiple account group.

Whatever you will enter in grouping in 'Supplier details' tab that will only appear in new vendor account group field and these field will always be non editable.

If your account group is not coming in BP Grouping drop down, then you need to check your configuration.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Some confusion happens.

I said you can assign multiple account group to on role. It means that, In one creation cycle one account group(say ABC) and role.

In next creation cycle, one account group(say XYZ) and role.

In one creation cycle(one vendor creation), one account group and role.

just create one vendor first then go for second vendor and it will work for you, you are mixing these two things.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

As per SAP for BP Grouping is six characters in lenght and for vendor account group it is four in lengh.Also values stores are in different configuration tables. Is any report of transaction that I need to perform for synchorization of BP Role Grouping and Vendor Account Group?

Guess BP Role Grouping Stands for Group for BP Role.But not able to get any catch how it relates to vendor account group