cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding CTM application log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to understand the CTM application log created after planning run. The CTM application log contains following columns in a table view:

1. Total Demand Qty

2. Timely qty

3. Delayed qty

4. Category - Forecast DR, Sales order SR etc

when i try to match the total demand qty against the category (SR i.e. safety stock) with planning book safety stock qty, it did not match.

For example, in application log if i could see that total demand qty against category SR(Safety stock) is equal to 2000, when i go and check in planning book i found that across planning horizon safety stock maintained is summed up only to 1000 in weekly bucket.

I want to understand from how CTM is generated application log to give demand category of safety stock as Total Demand qty of 2000, even if in planning book if i sum up time series qty of safety stock as a demand in across planning horizon it sums up to only 1000.

How CTM calculates the total demand qty and other qty such as timely and delayed qty in a application log.

Please reply soon, i will award points on reply.

Regards

Gajendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajendra,

CTM calculates the total demand by considering the date of the demand element. It means if the demand is met by the CTM run on the 'day of demand' (assuming demand is in daily buckets), it shows qty in the log in the 'Timely qty' field.

Similarly if the demand is met after the 'day of demand', the amount/qty of the met demand will be shown in 'Delayed qty' field.

Kindly check & award points if my answer attends or helps on your query.

Thanks & Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajenda

I would have a look in the Product View /SAPAPO/RRP3. All demands will definately show here. What shows in the plannng book can be incomplete depending on the customising of the view.

Is it possible to run your CTM profile in simulation mode on the Demand tab? It will show you exactly what demands it is attempting to plan.

Chris