cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install NW 7.0 SR3 Developer Workplace for CRM-ISA maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus and experts

I have a situation here with a Java developer working on CRM ISA-SSOL application running on a 700 SR2 WAS Java

Until now, this developer used to work with this installation on her local PC:

• SAP Developer Studio
  • SAP J2EE Engine (SAP WAS Java with MaxDB)

along with a central server for developments. This setup was meant to allow the developer to locally test the developments, do debugs without interfering with other developers, and get better response time

The components that were used in the past for this installation were:

• SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR2 Developer Workplace DVD
  • SAP NetWeaver 7.0 MAXDB RDBMS DVD
  • SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR2 Kernel DVD
  • + ISA-SSOL components to deploy on the local WAS Java

The note that was containing the information was (it is now obsolete): Note 924983 - Developer Workplace Installation for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

But now as Windows XP is out of maintenance, and is being decomissionned by our PC team- I am pushed to have the same setup installed on a Windows 7 PC, but I cannot figure out how to achieve this

The initial installation package that was used in Windows XP is no more available at SAP marketplace (As SAP confirmed me through an incident: "According to note 1225606 - Platform Restrictions f. NetWeaver Developer Studio 2.x-7.0x7.0x DevWP is supported only on 32-bit Win XP, which currently is out of maintenance."

Then I asked SAP which component/version of SAP Developer Edition I should install on my developer PC so that she can continue working on the application from Windows 7, but I got a very poor answer without relevant information

I imagine I could have SAP Netweaver 7.3 Developer Edition installed- but I am not sure of retro-compatibility with the application, and moreover, I have errors during the installation

Do you know what I could do?

Please save me! This developer is the only developer working on the maintenance of the application and the PC team is pushing to have her local server dismantled!

Thanks in advance

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can install nwds7,0X in win7, no issue. but nwds7.3 is definitely not for your developer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun, thanks for your answer

But I am afraid I cannot even find the package from the marketplace. From SWPM, I don't even have the option to select NWDS 7.0X (see screenshot)

Do you think I am misssing some point?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't use developer workspace. why you have to stick to this?

just ask the developer to  install the nwds7.0x in her local pc and you install a server for her in another server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem. In SWPM Developer Workplace is not offered as option and in Marketplace no other installation media is avaiable.

Would be fine to have claraification on that, how Developer Workplace 7.0 SR3 can be installed,

Answers (0)