Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its an interesting question and I am looking forward to hear more from OP. We can create incoice w.r.t PO and sale order both but both invoices are different in business nature. As rightly said by Mr. Lakshmipathi you should have shared more details.

Thank$

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam sir

We can create incoice w.r.t PO and sale order both but both invoices are different in business nature

How we can crate ?

in my business process ex i have created one sales order 100 qty some times company will send the stock req to vendor 110 also ( for business improvement purpose ) so here vendor will send 110 stock to customer

so here we have bill from po (110) Customers agreed

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I feel good when people call me Moazzam.

Your requirement is third party sales process. You can create vendor invoice for 110 quantity and customer invoice separately. Your sales process would be like Sale order > PR > PO > Vendor Invoice > Customer invoice. Customer invoice would be w.r.t to sale order and vendor invoice would be w.r.t purchase order.

Do you know about third party sales process? I suggest you to search in Google and SCN and read some threads how third part sales process works.

Thank$

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so here we have bill from po (110) Customers agreed

I assume you are talking about the 3rd party sales process.

Sales order qty = 100

Purchase order qty =110        ( i assume you are increasing PO qty based on customer request, while doing this system automatically update the sales qty in Schedule line liens to 110, but not in sales order qty, it remains same 100 qty)

MIGO= 110

MIRO =110

Vf01 ( customer invoice) =110 qty only when you refer the sales order.

Billing relevance F( inTAS) it clearly says order related billing status according to Invoice qty(MIRO)

So when you create invoice with ref to sales order system copies 110 qty only (this is controlled by F billing relevance (TAS) and in copy control VTFA the billing qty F).

So you need not to worry when the PO qty increase more than order qty, system copies the correct qty only.

You can proceed as normal process of 3rd party sales .Please check this in your system once again

thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear srinu s

very Good morning  You are correct but some business process it wont work

In some business process only your idea will work but some time PO Is generated 110 qth to vendor but vendor  may be  he will send  105 due to shortage ... and he will tell i will send the the remaining stock after next 10 days now Generally miro will happen only for 105 not 110 ( even we can do MIRO110 also ) but i am talking generally because he received the stock 105 only

But company wants billing for 110 not for 105 because here customer accepted to pay full money

and vendor gave promise to delivery 5 qty in next 10 days

So in this case your idea wont work but the main imp thing is we cant create invoice with ref to po

Some examples to create invoice with ref to po only

From my business point of view i am telling

Vendor gave restriction to company that i will send the stock Minimum 1000 qty only

but customer ordered 950 qty

so here there is a situation to create PO 1000 Only not 950

And some one will ask me in this situation we can change the the sales order from 950 to 1000 ( After customer confirmation)

No no Because company is going to start procuring the material ( which is coming from vendor) From There own i mean going to start new plant

so for this they are anyalising how many orders and how much stock is we are getting from customers so if it is ok then they will start New business

This is the reason they dont want disclose to customers before creating sales orders as well as they dont want to change sales orders

we cant create invoice with ref to po

So my final conclusion For this we have to write some user exist for this ..  But i dont know what exist we will use

so please Mentors comment on this

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu, thanks for your reply.

So in this case your idea wont work but the main imp thing is we cant create invoice with ref to po

Please read my post once again, i never said we can create customer invoice with ref  to Purchase order. I said very clearly, " you can follow the normal 3rd party sales process", which means we create customer invoice with ref to sales order only.

Coming into another query,

but some time PO Is generated 110 qth to vendor but vendor  may be  he will send  105 due to shortage ... and he will tell i will send the the remaining stock after next 10 days now Generally miro will happen only for 105 not 110 ( even we can do MIRO110 also ) but i am talking generally because he received the stock 105 only

But company wants billing for 110 not for 105 because here customer accepted to pay full money

and vendor gave promise to delivery 5 qty in next 10 days

Why will the customer  agree to be billed the full qty, when he receive the partial qty?

Let us assume as you said customer agree to pay for full qty, then there are two options.

1. Do the MIRO for full qty since you would be invoicing the customer for full qty

Or

2. Do the MIRO for partial qty and customer should agree for partial invoice

Please note in the normal case also if there is if condition then you don't have other option.

Example:

Order = 100 qty

PO = 100 qty

MIGO = 50 qty and remaining 50 qty Vendor delivery in next 10 days

MIRO =50 qty

But here also customer agreed to pay for full qty, then what will you do ? you don't have other option but to bill the partial qty in standard.

And let me know if you need any more clarity?

thanks,

Srinu.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu

In my lost post just i have discussed why we need to create Invoice with ref to po only

Just i have expressed point of view ,,

Thanks a lot

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Madhuri,

Sales invoices are always generated either with reference to a sales order or a delivery document.. As per standard SAP we can't generate a sales invoice with reference to Purchase order, however you can make changes to the invoice output so that it includes PO number as well...

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen K.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhuri,

Give an example...is your company buying or selling? after delivery is done...is your company paying or charging money?

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But i want to create Invoice with ref to po only

Why do you want to create Invoice( assuming customer invoice) with ref to PO?

In which business case you want to create the above? Please share your exact business requirement as already advised?

thanks,

Srinu.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales order issue to customer and Purchase Order issue to vendor.

You can do invoice with reference to PO only for vendor.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please always ensure that whenever you post a query here and expects some assistance, you also explain the business process so that it will be easy for the members to understand and give multiple solutions.  Don't always look from SAP point of view whether it will work or not but look at from Business perspective whether it is really a genuine requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ...

Any one Guide me

Any Enhancement to create Creation Invoice with ref to PO Only Not with MIRO

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After getting enough feedback and suggestions you are still asking for enhancement without explaining your complete requirement. I think everyone wants to know that whether this is a third party sale or not. Why don't you come to this third party sale debate instead of looking for some illogical solution?

When you say Invoice in SD forum we assume it customer invoice but in your requirement you are talking about both customer and vendor invoice so I'd like to request you to use complete name i.e vendor invoice or customer invoice.

Thank$