cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid customer duplication from KNA1

0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I am new to SAP MDM.

I am told to find the best possible way to avoid customer duplication in table KNA1,KNB1 and KNVV.

Please let me know any ideas suggestions for doing this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assuming that you are creating the Customer in MDM and then syndicating the same to ECC System.

You can create a Matching strategy in MDM considering fields such as 'Customer Name', 'Address' etc depending upon your requirement

While creating the customer in MDM, you can run this matching strategy during Workflow.

You can go through the following link for details.

http://scn.sap.com/people/michael.reil/blog/2006/05/18/mdm-matching-strategies-for-master-data-conso...

Once you have identified that a record is duplicate or not in MDM, you can have a field populated by the Master Data Creator indicating the system that if that customer is duplicate of not. And based on this field using branch step(of Workflow) only syndicate records from MDM to ECC which are not duplicate.

Thus you will be able to prevent duplicate records in Customer Master in ECC.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Ankit.

But I wanted to know is there any match strategy t code or something like that where i could do that.

May be this is a silly question,but since i am new i would require your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Netweaver MDM is an entire different product of SAP, which isn't made on ABAP Stack i.e. it is different from ECC. Thus it doesn't contains concepts like t-codes which you would see in standard core SAP Modules like FI, HR, MM etc.

For creating Matching strategy you need to use the Matching Mode in SAP MDM Data Manager.

Regards,

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ronit,

if you just want to integrate a data quality firewall into the ECC system itself, you can take a look at SAP Data Quality Management, version from SAP solutions. This solution is the direct integration of address cleansing and error-tolerant matching and de-duplication into the SAP ECC or SAP CRM. When you create a new business partner and want to save the business partner there, then a real-time validation of the address against address reference directories and also error-tolerant matching to avoid creation of duplicate records is called.

Users in SAP ECC or SAP CRM will get pop-up windows with similar records already existing and can decide to continue with an existing record or create a new one. Also in SAP CRM they can initiate a Cleansing Case for already existing duplicates.

Take a look at the SCN page including all information on this solution: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34770

Niels

Answers (0)