cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the instance number 00 that Java Engine trys to connect to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope you may be able to advise me here....

I have a Solution Manager 4 installation that the Java Engine / Server 0 does not start on.

When I look in the std_Server0.out log I see the below errors when trying to connect. What I see wrong here is that If I want to log into the systems with normal SAP GUI my connection details are: System number 01 and not system 00

as show in the error info below. All the other connection info is correct.

Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=uk-gccsap007 SYSNR=00 GWHOST=uk-gccsap007 GWSERV=sapgw00 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

ERROR partner 'uk-gccsap007:sapgw00' not reached

TIME Mon Mar 26 14:00:17 2007

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 38

RC -10

MODULE nixxi.cpp

LINE 2764

DETAIL NiPConnect2

SYSTEM CALL connect

ERRNO 10061

ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

COUNTER 1

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.newPersistenceException(R3PersistenceBase.java:178)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.init(R3PersistenceBase.java:446)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:338)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:156)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:109)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:56)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:259)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:279)

... 6 more

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Mar 26, 2007 2:00:17 PM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_66] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

When I look at other logs in the system this error is repeated in lots of places.

I can also see that the connection details used to be 00 but somwhere along the line it was changed by someone to 01 which is incorrect. I dont why it was changed.

Does anyone know where I tell / configure the Java Engine Server0 that it should try and connect to SAP Instance 01 to get access.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its OK, Ive fixed it.

I went into the offline Config tool, selected Global Services, then fine the service:

ume.r3.connection.master.sysnr

com.sap.security.core.ume.service and change the details for otpion:

ume.r3.connection.master.sysnr

All sorted.

Thanks

Alex