cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH REPLICA DATABASE

0 Kudos

Hello,

i have an HA environment and I tookover from primary database to secondary and when i tried to go back to the first primary the status in the Second server is Open and in the first one is still secondary.

If i stop and start database in 2nd node (the actual primary in open mode) I get this error:

saphana02:/usr/sap/NDB/HDB00> ./HDB stop

hdbdaemon will wait maximal 300 seconds for NewDB services finishing.

Stopping instance using: /usr/sap/NDB/SYS/exe/hdb/sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 00 -function StopWait 400 2

02.07.2014 12:21:07

Stop

OK

02.07.2014 12:21:13

StopWait

OK

hdbdaemon is stopped.

saphana02:/usr/sap/NDB/HDB00> ./HDB start

StartService

Impromptu CCC initialization by 'rscpCInit'.

See SAP note 1266393.

OK

OK

Starting instance using: /usr/sap/NDB/SYS/exe/hdb/sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 00 -function StartWait 2700 2

02.07.2014 12:45:57

Start

OK

02.07.2014 12:46:13

StartWait

FAIL: process hdbindexserver HDB Indexserver not running

I attach a file of a dump error found in trace directory.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot and regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

duncanspeidel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

My understanding is that you built a HA landscape, you stopped the primary and executed b1h_switcher.sh to failover.   Post failover you try to restart HANA and receive the message above, correct?

If you go to /usr/sap/NDB/HDB00/exe, as ndbadm, and execute hdbindexserver what happens?

Please provide the daemen, nameserver, and indexserver trace files.  You provided a crashdump file from the index server not the trace file.  The crashdump file might be helpful but it would be good to see what is in the 3 trace files.

Best regards,

Duncan

0 Kudos

Hello Duncan,

first of all thanks for your answer, for your information I was able to recover and rebult it by recovering from backup, but what I did was to execute b1h_switcher.sh to failover without stopping anything first, and failover took place correctly to secondary, after this I executed again b1h_switcher.sh to failover again to the first server and then it crashed.

If I have a chance I will make some tests again and if it fails I will post it again and we can discuss about it.

Thanks and regards.

duncanspeidel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

Glad you were able to recover.  When you test again please let me know the results.

Best regards,

Duncan