cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Lumira to a BW Infoprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

(While evaluating Lumira, after watching promoclips, reading papers and working with the free trial some questions are still unanswered. I kindly ask you for help… Supporting a clear structure, I decided to open a separate thread for each question.)

Is it possible to connect Lumira directly to a BW Infoprovider (DSO, Cube)? I didn’t found a clear answer, mostly I heard about connecting Lumira to BW query…

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_stocker
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Lumira uses BICS to facilitate its online BW access and BICS allows connectivity to Queries, direct access to Info Providers and access to transient queries as well.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

and here too:

thank you both for your help!

som
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should be able to, but for free trial, this access will be disabled after the trial period. You have to use paid version.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, If you are using SP17, there is a BW connector feature.

By my understanding, it is designed for accessing BEx Queries. (but perhaps Cubes are browseable too, I haven't checked)

Certainly however, If you have BusinessObjects BI4, you can federate a Universe over BW Infoproviders using semantic layer.   This Universe can then be consumed via BIPlatform into Lumira.

FYI the Help guides are over here: SAP Lumira – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards,

H

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, we should be able to connect to InfoProviders as well.

See the screenshot in the data acquisition screen.

Best regards,

Antoine

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

in my Lumira Desktop Edition V1.20, the button "Connect to SAP Business Warehouse" is greyed out. Do you have any idea on how to activate it?

Regards

Wolfgang

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Are you using the personal edition of SAP Lumira? Can you please check in menu Help / Enter keycode and let me know what you see?

Thanks & regards,

Antoine

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Antoine,

I had to activate the (30days evaluation of) standard edition, now it is available. Unfortunately, there's no story and publishing mode for BW backend lumiras.

Regards

Wolfgang

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I can only suggest you to vote for this idea:

All functionality should be available based on BW Infoprovider / BEx Query : View Idea

Antoine

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

unfortunately I cannot vote any more. However, the idea seems to be accepted anyway. Do you happen to know whether and if yes, when this will be implemented?

Regards

Wolfgang

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you please refer to this blog post and ask any follow-up questions there?

Thanks

Antoine