cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring sales data from SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

(While evaluating Lumira, after watching promoclips, reading papers and working with the free trial some questions are still unanswered. I kindly ask you for help… Supporting a clear structure, I decided to open a separate thread for each question.)

How’s about connecting Lumira to a SQL-based SAP Instance to analyze sales data? Does SAP provide a “Business Content” similar to SAP-BW or do I have to join all the affected tables manually?

How would the scenario above be if I connect Lumira to a HANA-bases SAP Instance?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are a couple of similar threads already, which might give you suggestions:

both those links discuss using 'freehand sql' drivers in Lumira to connect to ERP Infosets . (a kind of ECC query)

a similar approach, going via Business Objects BI 4,  would be to have a Universe ontop of Infoset, and Lumira connects to BI4 to consume the Infoset Universe.

In both cases, the prerequisite is the definition of said 'infoset' - the creation of which would be handled by content creators within ECC environment, not likely the Lumira user.

Regards,
H

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry & Alexandre,

thank you for your help!

Alex-Fortin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition of Henry answer, I suggest to go here: SAP HANA Live - Real-Time operational reporting | SAP HANA

"SAP HANA Live, provides SAP-delivered content for SAP HANA calculation views for real-time operational reporting and is the platform for the new native SAP HANA applications Smart Business. The content is represented as a VDM - virtual data model, which is based on the transactional and master data tables of the SAP Business Suite. The SAP HANA Studio provides the Calculation views for these VDM."

Based on these Calculation views we have built some examples available here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55966

Hope it helps

Regards

Alex