cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to debug one RFC function module of SAP R3 4.6C from SAP PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a SAP ABAP developer and there is no mechanism in place(as of now) to see if the data from PI has come to SAP.

Is it possible to debug in SAP R3 4.6 C system from PI system?

It may be an irrelevant question from PI point of view but I need an answer. Thanks a lot

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I have done this, but i don't recommend the way i did, but i can tell what i did:

I used of a debugging trick to change the RFC FM in productive code (receiving system), and added an infinite loop in which the code would be trapped only if it was my user processing the code:

====================================

WHILE sy-subrc = 0  AND SY-UNAME = 'MYUSER'.

ENDWHILE.

====================================

Then after triggering the process, i started SM50, selected my running process and in the upper menu -> Administration->Program->Debugging

By this point the program is started in debugging in the infinite loop, then i change the sy-subrc to get out of the loop and proceed the program in debugging.

If you are going to do it be careful, this is a last resort and isn't recommended to be done. I have done it when i was under pressure and i had to solve the issue immediatelly.

Obs.: The external breakpoint resource allows you to debug the process like this, but it depends on your system version. I see you are in 46C, so i don't know if it would work.

Regards,

Renan

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ho Mohit,

I usually use the externl breakpointed pinter by Renan, You only need to do the external breakpoint with the same user used in the communicattion channel. Then when you test from PI and the request arrives to R3 then a debug mode will be open automatically.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Renan,

It looks helpful, let me try.

Mohit

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The external breakpoint functionality is only available from WebAS 6.10 onwards.

See Thomas Jung's answer in the below thread.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Renan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Which alternative did work for you?

Share with us and close the topic if you solved your problem, this way the thread will help others.

Regards,

Renan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

The data from PI to ECC reaches either through IDOC, PROXY or an RFC.

For all these methods we can monitor in PI adapter engine and con confirm if the data was sent out successfully or not. Besides we can check individual RFC destination if they are connected to correct port and url or not. If all this is fine then there are no chances of data not reaching to ECC.

But you can certainly not debug R3 from PI system.

Thanks

Anand