cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

ex: I have to create a material say OIL with different packaging say 50 ml ,100 ml etc..

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont type the entire text in subject.  Make use of it effectively

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

- As OP was not able provide satisfactory response discussion is locked. This a basic post, which is discussed many times in SCN prior to this. As already advised, please put some effort in search & trail, before you post your query as discussion and explain your effort & understanding on that.  In addition to that please review SCN RoE and adhere them in your future conduct in SCN.

- Advise to other fellow Contributors, not encourage spoon-feeding. As subsequently lead to point gaming.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to maintain different quantites for single material while creating material master data

ex: I have  to create a material say OIL with different packaging say 50 ml ,100ml,500ml  etc..

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do want to say those are packaging material, say bottles with capacity 50ml,100ml, 500ml?

Can elaborate you business scenario? For what purpose you are seeking info?

Are these stock or non stock material? If it is a stock material, what is UoM for storage of these packaging material? As per my above, understanding it should be each or piece.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya I wanted to have different capacity say 10ml 20ml 5ml for a single material say "waterBottle". This must be done during creation of material master data. This is the scenario.

Thanks,
Harish

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, Moazzam's reply solved that. Correct? How?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

First I created the required capacities in transaction called " CUNI" ,say S, M, L with ISO code of ml.
Then in material master data->additional data I specified 1 s = 10 ml and 1M = 50ml and 1L =100ml

Thanks
Harish

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frankly, you reply didn't address by query. Why?

B'coz based on reply I have some counter question.

1. how did you configure "L" as one of the new UoM? Whereas L is already used for Litre in standard.
  2. What would be your Sales UoM in sales order?
  3. If know about CUNI, which was never mention Moazzam any of the post here. Was it difficult for you to search further on UoM conversion?
  4. And don't talk to you MM teammate?

So, it's not over yet.

In anticipation of a quick reply.

Thanks & Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure I vl describe my solution.
Below are the answer which u asked one by one.
1.ya u r right , we can't use L as it already exists I  used LAR to mean Large , just to brief the solution I said L

2.my Uom in sales order should be ml

3.after my posting , I was parllely searching I found about CUNI in some other post. So that I could do that.

As per my understanding I answered the above

Thanks
Harish

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on your reply for 2, what's your uom for stock keeping?

Thanks JP

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you are talking about packaging or packing material which can accommodate 50 ml,100ml

if that is so you can create a material as Oil with base unit of measure as ml different packing materials.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain unit of measures and conversion factors in material master additional data. From your one sentence question I could only understand this. If you have some explanation, please share.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to maintain different quantites for single material while creating material master data

ex: I have  to create a material say "OIL" with different packaging say   50ml , 100ml, 500ml  etc..

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is more related to Packaging that quantity,initially you need to decide on maintaining a base unit of measure and the Quantity will be given in the sales order which determines the packaging

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow these screens and maintain multiple unit of measures and conversian factors here.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

If packing types are fix,then i suggest you just maintain the different different material code for each pack.

"or"

if possible you can maintain the quantity in batch for the same material.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please don't get in a habit of spoon-feeding. The same thing was already proposed by Moazzam's initial post.

I seriously suspect, you solution to this really solved this issue. Can you share the screenshot of your material master based? Or the conversion logic you have replicated in the material master?

If Moazzam 's solution really helped you. Sorry to say, as Lakshmipathi Sir already suggested, this topic is already discussed my times in the forum. Please put some effort in search & trail, before you post your query as discussion and explain your effort & understanding on that. Which is missing in here.

In anticipating a reply from you.

Moderator SD Space.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish Kumar Thallam Kupparaja

Adding to JP's comments, your original requirement is to maintain different quantities in material master and what  ' MoazzaM ' s  suggestion is to maintain different Unit of Measurement which is entirely different and I am sure,  MoazzaM would also agree with this. 

G. Lakshmipathi                                                          

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Sir I agree with you and JP. I anticipated the requirement from OP's question. The way he asked this question showed me that this is not what he is looking for. I assumed that he wanted to have different unit of measures but he didn't know the correct way to ask and I just tried to give him this thought. He should have asked this with correct sense. You can say that I just made a guess and surprisingly it helped OP.

Thank$

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's fine Moazzam. But, we are anticipating reply from OP.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets see what he got sir. I am also waiting for a reply from him.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes mozzam.. I wanted to have different unit of measures for a single material. Actually my question was edited, because I posted in subject. Sorry for inconvenience. Thanks to everyone  for the solution.

Thanks
Harish

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't got your response on my question yet. Is that mean you are ignoring moderation comments? Or probably you can take out little time of yours and respond.

Thanks, JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to have pricing based on quantity, then you can maintain the same in pricing condition record where you have the option of setting price based on quantities.  Also before posting such query, please check your system on your own and still if you need any assistance, post here. 

G. Lakshmipathi