cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Update Return Delivery Order Status as Complete without VF01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is that any method update 'Being Processed' status for the Return Delivery that haven't issue credit memo  to 'Completed' manually.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case you'll be bound to create billing i.e. credit memo with VF01 for your return order. You can't use VL_COMPLETE otherwise it was possible to complete the status without creating VF01.

Now you have some options and I would suggest the first one which is general practice.

1. Create return order > Return delivery and after QC decision create credit memo VF01 for every order. For those which were rejected by QC and they asked to charge this to customer due to any reason you need to raise a debit note w.r.t return credit memo and charge the price to customer without effecting any quantitative material.
  2. Another way could be that if you have such business and dealer relationship that they can bear some decimal values then after QC decision change the price of credit memo and create credit memo with 0.01 value. It will be minimum value credit note and won't impact that much in customer's ledger. Though this is not fair but due to SAP implecation we can follow this too.
  3. Another way could be after QC decision reverse and delete the inbound delivery and change item category in return order and create delivery again.

PS:     Have you activated quality on your materials and user enters UD after quality checking? Can you scrap this material directly at the time of UD or quality is not being maintained in SAP and it is just physical quality check?

Thank$

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the PGR is performed then the status becomes "Completed" - please check and confirm.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The result is not as per expected.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you don't want to create credit note for it and want to forcefully change the status then run Tcode VL_COMPLETE and change the status.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazaam,

Too bad it only available in ECC6.

However, need your advice in long run.Shall I create a new order type to tackle this scenario.

Thank in advance on your advice.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with RVDELSTA

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshimipathi,

It not working for close the DO status.

However, can you guide me which method is best practice for long run.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

So you are in 4.6? I didn't know it and I am in 6.0 so it works for me.

For long run no need to create new order type. Just ceate new return item category and don't make this item category relevant for billing. Once you do PGR system will complete the delivery and return order both. If you need to do VF01 then use this normal return item category. Make item category determination in a way that you can change both manually. Determine automatically which would be used in most of the cases.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why you want to change the status to Completed but in the long run, if this is going to be a regular practice, then you can try with BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mozzam,

After study with the business owner deeply. They didn't know the return order will allow credit to customer or not during the Return Order and Return Deliver Order creation. It will only know after the QC department check either it was the false of customer.

Please suggest us what is the best recommended process on it.

Thank you in advance on your guide.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with Reason for rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Do you mean change reason of rejection in sales order, original setting it have been grey out.

Thank you.