cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LogOn LogOff in Analysis?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

we are using the regular LogOn when refreshing an Analysis Workbook / datasource.

I am aware of the API of Analysis to silently ( no dialog) Login onto BW by providing the

iAppCall = Application.Run("SAPLogon", "DS_1", "MyClient", "MyUser", "MyPWD", "EN")

API call.

In 3tier environment we really need a LogOff functionality, that might allow us to have 3 buttons like:

LogOn DEV

LogOn QA

LogOn Prod

to verify and test query data without closing AO Excel anytime we change the system by just having a LogOff and relogOn  via API & VBA

Does anyone know if there is a hidden feature ( @ Victor: maybe you have a hint )

If not I'll add it to the feature list of AO

Best regards

Joerg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reyemsaibot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

since Analysis Office 2.1 it is possible to log off via Analysis Office API. The parameter is

Public Sub Logoff()

Call Application.Run("SAPLogoff",Parameter)

End Sub

More information can you find here: http://www.reyemsaibot.com/2016/04/05/analysis-office-logoff/

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

That's true but it does not really help. We are working with BO and SSO. The result is that you can logoff now and logon again but to the same BO system which means the same BW in background for us (this is due to the fact that we have connected one BO to one BW which is recomended by SAP).

For us this feature makes no sense. It would be helpful if it would be possible to choose the connection to BO system after logoff and reconnect but this is not possible. This means we can logoff and logon to the same BW system. This is still not the feature which was possible with BEx Analyzer.

Regards,

Torsten

alexander_peter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

we're fixing this bug. LogOff should really behave like closing/opening the Excel workbook, i.e. you should be prompted for a BI system again.

However: logoff is not like in Bex analyzer where you can assign a new system to the query afterwards - this is handled by the system remapping functionality.

By the way, the long awaited and frequently requested logoff-button has made it into release 2.3 ...

Best,

Alex

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Nice to hear that. I'm looking forward to the fixed version. Is there any idea with which SP this will come to the customer? I think for us it is ok to choose the BO system. The query is the same and it is only another BW system which is used in background. For AO this should not make any difference.

It is also very nice to hear that we will get the much missed logoff button with 2.3. That is a feature where the users asked from beginning 5 years ago - where is the logoff button which I know from BEx Analyzer?

Regards,

Torsten

reyemsaibot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

you are right. It's a little bit confusing, why this "main" feature still isn't available in Analysis Office.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

indeed, you can easily implement that button with the hint that Thorsten Ueberschaer mentions here:

Cheers,

Victor

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

so this means for the customer when using "the premium alternative to BEX Analyzer" he has to implement a script to have the same functionality like in BEX analyzer? That does not sound like a "premium alternative" to me..

I hope the upcoming BOA 2.0 will include this feature.

Regards,

Michael

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

I think several customers would like to have this feature. But at the moment this is not planned (as far my latest information is still valid).

I have tried the abouvementioned version but the logon is not working (we are using SSO in combination with BI platform - the result is "session is not valid. Which means you can logoff but not logon again.

Regards,

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in AO Ideaplace there are some requests for that... and at least already "under review".

E.g. Provide a disconnect option : View Idea

... unfortunately this is more than two years old and I'm curious if it will finally be available in Release 2.0. To be honest, I doubt it 😞

Regards, Martin

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

And there is this one

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=74624057-8A9E-4511-844E-2399DFBF5EE8&idea_id=FD772E7A-...

Which is basically the request for the same feature than in BEx Analyzer. But they are both only "under review" and not accepted.  The problem is that in idea marketplace is only known and used by some customers. It's the easiest way for support if they are saying it's not a bug, it's a feature, please place your idea at marketplace and if there are enough votes they maybe implement this feature. So you can calm down, have the good feeling of writing down your idea and maybe this will help.

But this process takes years most of the time from raising the idea to the final product. Furthermore there are other ways to influence SAP (country specific user groups) like DSAG (German SAP group) or programs where you have to apply for and then you can bring up an idea in a group of e.g. 20 customers and you have to confince a number of the other customers of your idea. If there are enough customers convinced then SAP will maybe implement the idea. All this ways are in competition.

My opinion is that idea marketplace is a very slow way to get improvements (if you ever get them). The other ways are faster but you have to spent much more time. E.g. if you are in a DSAG group there are product managers from SAP which means you have direct contact and you can talk to them.

Second thing is you have to spent much more time in this groups because it's not only bring up your idea and go away after that. It's really supporting SAP in development and working in this groups. That means that your company should be able and willed to give you this time to work in this groups (which basically means they will loose time for projects but get a better product finally).

Regards,

Torsten

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The problem of idea place is that only for Design Studio it works as expected from customer side. This is how it should be for all other tools like BO Analysis, WebI,... Then there will be more customers who use the idea place.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg

I totally agree this if there is no hidden feature this needs to be added.