cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting document is generated in Proforma invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have export scenario where in we make OBD related Proforma Invoice at this stage no accounting document is generated against the proforma invoice.

But when I create excise invoice against proforma invoice accounting document is generated in the proforma invoice.

I have checked VOFA settings  and also no accounting doc is assigned as the field is blank.

Pls guide.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Moved from SAP ERP SD Billing to Internationalization and Unicode.  Please post all your CIN related queries here.

Coming to your post,

accounting document is generated in the proforma invoice.

Have you checked the document flow for that sale order, in which case, you would not have seen the accounting document what you had shared here?   I presume, the scenario is export under rebate claim in which case, while creating an excise invoice, system will, in the background, generate an accounting document. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Lakshmipathi ,

Thanks for the reply appreciate it .

I have checked the document flow and initially when the Proforma invoice was created there was no accounting document generated. Its only after creation of  excise invoice with reference to the proforma invoice the accounting documents are generated. I would like to bring it to your notice that its in the accounting tab of proforma invoice the accounting document is generated.

I have not encountered the same issue for other export sales , its just today that I am facing this problem.

Kindly Guide..

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check in the excise Invoice Level what is the export Type you have selected.

If export type is not selected that system will generate Accounting document and the same accounting document you can check in proforma Invoice Level with same accounting entries.

Kindly check and confirm.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Export type was not maintained thank you all for the feed back , Mr Himavanth the solution you gave was helpful.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

the screen shot clearly tells these are excise entries from excise invoice--might have configured in background.these are not related to proforma.

you need to update &close this thread.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvins,

Let us know that the export scenario is under Bond/LUT or under rebate/no bond.

If u create a excise invoice underbond/LUT system will not generate accounting document.

If u create a excise invoice under rebate/no bond  system will generate accounting document.

I think it is under rebate/no bond also this accounting document is not the billing document related as per the screen shot attached by you only excise entries are there in it.

If the accounting docucument related to billing document system will also trigger entries for customer, sales revenue & taxes.

System will not generate a accounting document for a proforma invoice.

Hope it's clear for you.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though it is a proforma invoice while creating Excise invoice the accounting document will be generated

as this setting will be in logistics general---Tax on goods movement---account determination