cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SAP Lumira to specific SQL Server instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone run across an issue with being unable to connect to a non default SQL Server instance (sqlservername\instance)? It indicates the the backslash is an illegal escape character. Anyone found a workaround for this? See screenshot below.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The issue lies with the JDBC driver. The JDBC driver does not allow the \instance to be used in the server name it has to be used in the extended properties. I have documented how to set this with Lumira Desktop in kbase 1971847.

Let us know if this works!

Kind Regards,

Trevor

EDIT: If you can't get to the kbase for what ever reason basically you just set the server name to the name, FQDN or IP address of the server then click the Advanced button and in the Advanced Parameters put this in the JDBC Driver Properties:

instanceName=ANALYTICS

This assumes ANALYTICS is the instance of your server.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what happens if you use an IP address , rather than a named sever?

perhaps you're able to select the schema at the 'browse' step, rather than the logon step?

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately even if I use the IP address I would still be required to reference the SQL Server named instance 192.168.1.1\INSTANCE and therefore would still run into the escape character. My next step is to configure an SQL Server alias but am hoping to figure out the work around to this one first.