cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Alternative resources with constraints?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

i have an scenario where i have more than one resource giving same product as output having different capacities.

This resources capacity are utilised by more than one product and each reource has it own priority to a particular product.

example:

i have 4 products viz, A,B,C,D

and resources viz, RA, RB,RC,RD. the capacity is in nos of items per day.

lets say Resource capacities are

RA=150 nos ( can produce A,B,D)-priority to A than to B than D

RB=200 nos ( can produce A,D)-priority to D than A

RC=100 nos (can produce C, D)- priority is given to C, remaining cpacity can be used by product D)

RD=200 nos (can produce B,C,D)-pririty to B than D than C

how can i crate this scenario in APO..

regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

First of all you need to classify the resources RA, RB, RC and RD suitably so that when you CIF production versions (for the products) from ERP to APO, in the PPM appropriate alternate resources are created under modes.

Then in each PPM you need to assign the priority for the resource (other way round from what you mentioned as your business requirement).

So in the PPM for Product A the primary resource/mode would be RA but then alternate modes RB (suitable lower priority).

Likewise in PPM for product B the primary resource would be RB and RD is alternate mode with lower priority.

For Product C PPM - primary resource is RC with alternate resource RD having lower priority.

For Product D it becomes complex - primary resource is RD but then probaly RC >> RB >> RA would be the order for alternate mode priority.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Somnath,

Please elaborate on how to classify the work centre?my resources are line resuorces...

regards'

Kiran

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Please look into OSS notes 576566 and 493754 for resource classification and transfer the same to APO in PPMs.

Hope these notes help.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Somnath,

Thanks for the help... but still i am not able to solve the issue. i have classified my workcentres & operation as per the notes in R/3.after maintaining the same classification for both the workcentre & rounting operation, i tranferred workcentre first & than i tranferred the PPM to APO but i am not able to see the alternative mode in the ppm.

Need your help again...

regartds

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Kiran,

Try to compare your APO and ECC data using /SAPAPO/CCR. If you donot find any differences and want to direclty maintain it in APO, you can set the priorities in your products and create alternate resources in your APO resources. You can ofcourse change them in PPM also. Use mass processing.

But as per the notes, if you follow them properly and CIF data in sequence, it should work. Try the above options...

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

How are you transferring the PPM to APO - initial transfer or change transfer. You need to carry out Initial Transfer. Try this - EXCLUDE the products for which in the production version/recipe you have carried out resource classification and generate an Integration Model. Then create another integration model INCLUDING the products (basically no product exclusion carried out in previous integration model). Activate the integration models in sequence of creation - first the EXCLUDED followed by the INCLUDED integration models.

This should result in initial transfer of the PPM and cause creation of alternate mode. Make sure the classified resources are part of an active integration model.

Please note Delta Report (/SAPAPO/CCR) can NOT be used for master data reconciliation.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Somnath,

i was carrying out initial transfer of PPM after carrying our the initial tranfer of resources classified as per the note.....

but the class/charectristic were not accounted in the integration model pop up saying " it only produces useful results if application views are specified."

that means they are not getting transferred...

shall i directly enter the resource in the PPDS PPM in APO???? i think it is not recomendable to do so...but i don't have any option right now....please suggest

regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Check class ( Work center class)and characterstics in ECC and cif the same to APO

Assign the class in work center and in routing for an operation

then cif the PPM , you will see the alternate modes. Then You have to change the mode priority in PPM.

Let me know, if u need any info

Try and confirm,It will definately work

regards

Vijay

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can. But if the resource classification changes in R/3 you need to remember to make suitable changes in all relevant PPMs in APO. Also check what happens when some activity relevant changes (like durations) are done in R/3. The changes need to be transferred using transaction CFP3. Check that the change transfer comes over to APO in the PPM without causing any issues especially on the alternate modes.

Meanwhile I shall try to find out further on the classification related transfer issue.

Thanks,

Somnath