cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No suitable sender agreement found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, 

I am facing an issue that the Files are not getting picked from the specified AL11 directory.

When I checked the Communication Channel in the RWB its showing the error : No suitable Sender Agreement is found.  Sender Agreement looks fine and the Channel also looks fine. This is a new interface. Even we try to restart the channel it again goes to the same state with the same error message.

Can any1 plz provide an input on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthi Sivaprakasam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Issue resolved. V didnt do any Cache refresh (full/Delta).

Issue was with the Folder Permission --> Checked with our Basis team and now the issue got resolved.

thanks for the inputs

Karthi Sivaprakasam

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi, glad to hear this is resolved, please mark thread answered then 🙂

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

plz, close this thread if problem is solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the sender business system details are correct in sender agreement and check whether you are using correct communication channel in sender agreement.

It looks like configuration mistake to me. Activate all the objects.

Thanks & Regards,

A.Neelima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could be the cache issue. check whether the cache is updated properly. perform a full cache refresh and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a Production System . Can v perform the Full Cache Refresh in Prod System?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a tricky question to answer. Generally we don't do and it is not required. Sometimes when new transports are moved, they will not get updated properly. In that case we have to do it. But first check the cache is up to date. Find a time slot where you expect no message flow. Refresh will take 10-15 mins. that's all. But in your case, I don't see any other option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, same way I thought, but we will have the continous message flow to n fro from PI system, since from SAP we have some jobs running frequently and from other side too we have jobs running in the Legacy systems at regular intervals. I am worried if the Cache refresh creates any impact on the message flow.!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to take the decision Karthi. Message flow will be affected during refresh period. There wont be any failures but message processing will not happen. But first of all did you check whether it is really cache update problem?