cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman: Status Withdrawn not possible to assign if previously proposed solution

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working on SAP Solution Manager 7.1 and i have the following customizing to define status authorizations for Z Service Requests.

When an user tries to change status from Customer Action (30), its possible to set the following available status:

• - 15        WTDR  Withdrawn
  • - 20        PROC   In Process
  • - 22        PDTA   Pending Authorization
  • - 23        SCAC  Scheduled Action
  • - 24        PDTE   Pending External
  • - 25        DSPT   Forwarded
  • - 30        CACT  Customer Action
  • - 50        SPRV    Proposed Solution

However, if previously it has been assigned the status “Proposed Solution“to this message, there wouldnt be available to set status “Withdrawn” from status initial “Customer Action”

Is there any customizing point to restrict certains status (withdrawn) once the service request has been assigned previously to a determinated status (Proposed Solution)

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

please check the following note:

159553 - Error messages BS042,BS043

Quote from the content:

"

1. 2. The status with status number which was the highest one ever active for the object determines the lower limit for the status number of the subsequent status.

The effect of the second point is that a user status has still an influence on the status sequence if it is no longer active at all yet it was once active.

Thus, status management has something like a "memory".

"

Hope this helps,

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You are right!

it has been enough reading the content quoted.
I didn´t know about the "memory" for the status assigned. I have tried modifying the lowest limit for Proposed Solution status to 15 and the result is that Withdrawn status is visible even Proposed Solution assigned.

Thank you very much. It has been enough to solve my question!

Marcos.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi, Marcos!

Note at last column of table with status settings called 'Trans.'. It describes system status which sets in document when user status sets. In some cases system statuses can interfere with each other. So you can't set some of them if document already has some others.

Try to find dependencies. It could help to find solution.

Andrey

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Are you looking to change status from Proposed Solution to Withdrawn possible?

In that case you can change the Lowest value of "Propsed SOlution" from 20 to 15.

Thanks

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that once i have selected “Proposed Solution” status, there wont be possible to assign status “Withdrawn” from any status. For example, if i set for a message this sequence of status:

> New > Forwarded > In Process > Customer Action

The status “Withdrawn” is available to be assigned

However, when the sequence of status contains “Proposed Solution”, status "Withdrawn" wont be available to be selected from “Customer action” status.

> New > Forwarded > In Process > Proposed Solution > Forwarded > Customer Action

The status “Withdrawn” is NOT available to be assigned.

Regards.

0 Kudos