cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order MAD re-calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When BOP runs for a sales order, sometimes MAD of requested schedule line is updated as current date, Requested Delivery Date remains same though. This happens either when sales order gets zero confirmed quantity, or a new schedule line is created with a confirmed quantity, i.e. sales order is not confirmed on RDD.

E.g.

Initial situation on 01.05.2014:

RDD - 01.06.2014

MAD - 20.05.2014

Confirmed quantity is zero.

Then BOP runs on 01.07.2014

RDD - 01.06.2014 remains same

MAD - 01.07.2014 - this is updated via BOP, and as can be seen, MAD and RDD is in incorrect order in this new situation, which is not welcome by the users.

Confirmed quantity is zero.

This causes issues in reporting. When we get reports based on MAD (custom reports), it seems in this situation that this order is not a backorder, but actually it is. Original MAD calculated based on RDD is not stored in VBEP.

Has anyone had similar issue?

One solution I am thinking is in the custom report, we can calculate MAD based on RDD, instead of reading MAD from standard tables. Can anybody suggest a function we can use in our custom program?

Thanks,

E

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EE,

As correctly understood this is standard functionality . IF BOP is running today & MAD in first schedule line is in past , then it will update it to today's date.

This is to ensure that the requirement date goes to production as today's date and not past date.

You can't really manufacture in past. ( I hope it makes sense logically).

Coming to your reporting problem , you can create an additional field in the sales order line item which can store the MAD when the SO is created for the first time. If it is not required to be shown to users , then you can just store it in a custom table.

Regards,

Jit

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This logic is totally flawed.   There is no way to prioritize based upon the "old" sales orders.  The forecast consumption is also adjusted to the MAD date when it was originally consuming the forecast based upon the old original MAD date.  So every time you run BOP the forecast consumption will be adjusted.  Plus why consume this months forecast for a sales order several months old?

Another issue is the MAD date is transferred to APO. So CTM and Optimizer will not be able to take into consideration the original request date/MAD date for priority.   Also APO forecast will be consumed wrong same as in ECC.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI E E,

Create a enhancement spot in user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE, which is implemented in program MV45AFZZ.

This enhancement spot will stop updating of the material availability date (MAD); goods issue date, transportation plan date and loading date in the schedule line 1 of each line item of sales order, whenever the material availability date went to past and a forward calculation happens.

I think this should resolve your problem.

Thanks,

Nihar