cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR not reaching to Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I created a TR in BW for BEx reports and the changes in TR are going to BW Quality but are not moving to BW Production. The return code is '0'. It is green but changes not reflecting in Prodcution.

One point i noticed is when i checked the transport log of the TR, when i moved the TR from Dev-->Qual the "Method execution" step is there but when i transport from Qual-->Prod the "Method execution " step is missing.

Is this the reason why the changes may not be reaching to production. What is the possible solution. Please help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thank you guys for the replies, appreciate your support.

The basis guy ran the suggested program in the link posted by Gaurav and made some settings in the tables and "method execution" step is executing. The issue was "method execution" step stopped executing for unknown reasons.

Issue resolved.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Great !! Nice to hear your issue has been resolved.Kindly close the thread.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

did you try forwarding tranprt request to Prd?

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly share SLOG from the directory /usr/sap/trans/log and also confirm for any *.LOB file present under /usr/sap/trans/tmp directory,if yes then try to move or rename it.

In addition kindly follow SCN link

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the tp system log for any errors or warnings.  Are the RDDIMPDP and RDDIMPDP_<client> jobs running? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

You may have QA Work list in place on your quality box,  if so, the transport will not move to production without performing the Approval steps (Manager, Department).

Please check on your Quality system, STMS, double click on Quality system, if you have QA Worklist in place, then you will see a Green Arrow beside the QA box in the Import Overview.  Select the QA  system,  and on the toolbar click on Green arrow, it will take you to the QA Work list window where you have to perform the Approval steps for your transports.

Thank you

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed - is this transport overwriting anything in the system?
Have you tried using the "U" Unconditional mode codes with the transport?
These are tick boxes in the GUI or U-codes if running "tp" from the command line.

E.g. Unconditional Modes - Transport Tools (BC-CTS-TLS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also depending on what you're trying to update - check your system change options in QA and Prod - they may well be different and could be locking what you're trying to update