Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a basic doubt.

Whether multi mapping is used only with BPM or is it an alternative for BPM.

My scenario is to fetch 4 individual files from file server and merge it to one file.

Whether BPM and multimapping need to be used , please advise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any mapping that has multiple source or targte messages or both in XI is genrally referred to as MultiMapping.

In your case as you need to collect multiple messages / files in XI you will need to use a BPM. You can use any of the standard collect patterns to colect the messages in XI and then combine these messages into a sinle message using a N:1 mapping inside the BPM.

regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>My scenario is to fetch 4 individual files from file server and merge it to one file.

Whether BPM and multimapping need to be used , please advise</i>

You need to use BPM in your case ie already pointed.............

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether multi mapping is used only with BPM or is it an alternative for BPM.

>> No. we can use mutlimapping withoutBPM also.

>> No . it is not alternative to BPM . BPM is used for different other purpose.

in this case you need to use BPM or you cand send all 4 files into one file and mkae one file to file scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How you use multimapping , i mean merging without BPM, two messages from different receivers and merge the all 4 fiels /messages into a message , it it possible ??

I am sure it will be possible with BPM.

Collect messages depends upon the payload based, time based, no of messages based , we can do it.

See the BPM Patterns Collect messages to get an idea amd also see the below links to gt an Idia.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm - Collection of IDoc to Single File

Idoc - Multiple - interfaces -

Multiple mappings into one Im -

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multi mapping can be done without using BPM also.....

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Go through this thread.........